• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC One and Stock Android: Existing User

Javno

Lurker
Jun 27, 2013
Hey all,

Made the jump to Android last month (HTC One was too sexy to resist) BUT (and I'm sure you've heard it loads of times) I want stock android instead of Sense on my phone.

SO I eagerly waited for the release of the new Good Experience HTC One as it was reported existing users would be able to get stock for their phones.

There are now two files on the HTC developer forum: One Google Play edition, Open Market, Google WWE, Stock UI, 3.4.10, v4.2 AND One Google Play edition
Open Market, Google WWE, Framework Support Files, 3.4.10, v4.2.

Now I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff. So questions:

1) Is this enough to flash my phone to Stock?
2) Can I even flash a 24 month EE (UK) contracted HTC ONE, 16 GB?
3) If Yes to both the above: what guide should I follow?

Any advice from you guys would be much appreciated!

Javno

Hey all,

Made the jump to Android last month (HTC One was too sexy to resist) BUT (and I'm sure you've heard it loads of times) I want stock android instead of Sense on my phone.

SO I eagerly waited for the release of the new Good Experience HTC One as it was reported existing users would be able to get stock for their phones.

There are now two files on the HTC developer forum: One Google Play edition, Open Market, Google WWE, Stock UI, 3.4.10, v4.2 AND One Google Play edition
Open Market, Google WWE, Framework Support Files, 3.4.10, v4.2.

Now I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff. So questions:

1) Is this enough to flash my phone to Stock?
2) Can I even flash a 24 month EE (UK) contracted HTC ONE, 16 GB?
3) If Yes to both the above: what guide should I follow?

Any advice from you guys would be much appreciated!

Javno

my suggestion is to just root your phone then you can use what we call aosp roms. these roms are pure android without any of the carrier skin(like htc's sense) added to it.

i would go here:HTC One - Android Forums and pick the right forum for whatever carrier you have and check out the stickies in that forum to learn how to root your device.

also if you like i can move this thread to the appropriate forum for better advice on how to root your phone. i just need to know what carrier you have.

edit: welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Sure. My carrier is EE, in the UK.

Is it not possible to "officially" get stock android now HTC has released their Google Experience version?

officially? no, that will be up to your carrier to provide that. the only way to get it is to root the phone. you will need to head on over to the (International) One - All Things Root - Android Forums for root info.

again if you like i can move this thread there.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones