• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] HTC ONE Bricked and no ruu find in xda site.... pls help

Pls help my HTC bricked on
TAMPERED
UNLOCKED
M7_U PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.56.0000
RADIO-4A.23.32.63.28
OPENDSP-V32.120.274.0909
OS-4.20.707.7
eMMC-BOOT 2048MB

Pls help me what to do there is no os in my HTC One, and which ruu file need to download, it was stuck since last 10 days, i had tried many files but it was showing error 170, while running ruu file, i had tried RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.26.707.5_Radio_4A.13.3231.20_10.30.1131.05_release_309365_signed_2_4.exe and RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.29.707.3_R_Radio_4A.14.3250.13_10.33.1150.01_release_311678_signed.exe this file but showing same error no 155. Which ruu file i need to download for this, pls help me.
Thanks

You have a M7_U, not an M7_UL (i.e. you have a non-LTE model), which is why the RUUs you've listed don't work. Unfortunately the only RUU I've found for that so far (at Androidruus.com) is older, so probably won't work either (but look for the M7_U RUU there if you wish to try - editing on a different device now so can't link).

If you are unlocked you could install a custom recovery and then a custom ROM. That would be another way of getting it going. The "HTC One root thread" in this forum should tell you what you need to do to install a recovery on an unlocked phone.

I have to go offline now, but someone will be able to advisedev if you need help.

If you can tell us how the phone got into this state it may help identify other options.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
You have a M7_U, not an M7_UL (i.e. you have a non-LTE model), which is why the RUUs you've listed don't work. Unfortunately the only RUU I've found for that so far (at Androidruus.com) is older, so probably won't work either (but look for the M7_U RUU there if you wish to try - editing on a different device now so can't link).

If you are unlocked you could install a custom recovery and then a custom ROM. That would be another way of getting it going. The "HTC One root thread" in this forum should tell you what you need to do to install a recovery on an unlocked phone.

I have to go offline now, but someone will be able to advisedev if you need help.

If you can tell us how the phone got into this state it may help identify other options.

Hi, i m new to htc world, i m actually a iphone user, and this is very first time i used htc android phone after a 7 years of iphone world, can u pls help me how to process all this, is there any software from which i can run and directly do all this, or i need to used cmd from pc for doing all this. pls help me i m from india so which rom i need to download from xda site.

Upvote 0
If you can't boot up the phone then you will need to use a PC.

What did you do to get the phone in this state? I'm guessing you (or someone) tried to modify the software (as it says "tampered" ), but what exactly did you do and actually happens if you try to boot the phone? And if you select recovery from the bootloader menu (the white screen with the information you quoted in the first post) what happens?

Just trying to understand the state of the phone and what is needed.

Upvote 0
If you can't boot up the phone then you will need to use a PC.

What did you do to get the phone in this state? I'm guessing you (or someone) tried to modify the software (as it says "tampered" ), but what exactly did you do and actually happens if you try to boot the phone? And if you select recovery from the bootloader menu (the white screen with the information you quoted in the first post) what happens?

Just trying to understand the state of the phone and what is needed.
it was stuck in htc logo and if i long press power and down volume key it was showing me status and if i put it in recovery mode, it was showing same htc logo with entering recovery mode, but not go forward. So i m wrongly put some viper rom and install it after root without s-off, after installation i dont like that rom. i m trying to go back to previous version, so i wipeout all, but by default my default htc kitkat version deleted. and its brick. now i m trying to download this file "RUU_M7_U_JB_50_hTC_Asia_TW_1.20.709.101_Radio_4A.13.3227.06_10.27.1127.01_release_307831_signed_2_4.exe" is this file work for me? pls help...

Upvote 0
You say you wiped all, does that include erasing system? If so then that did erase the ROM, and as a phone only has one ROM that would leave no OS (any ROM you install overwrites the previous one).

That looks like the one M7_U RUU I found. It's older than your previous software, so may well not work, but there's nothing to lose by trying.

Do I understand correctly that you cannot get into recovery?

Upvote 0
do the following,and paste the output for us here. make sure to delete your esn and imie. doing this will get you working adb/fastboot and get us some additional info about your phone.

first download and install these drivers: revolutionary drivers (mirror)

then,download this small file:
mini-adb.zip

-unzip it,and place the unzipped folder onto the root of your C drive(not inside a folder)

-open a cmd window(with win 7,click start bubble,type "command" or "cmd" in hte search box)

-now change to your mini-adb directory(assuming you didnt chagne the name). type in the black cmd window that opened on your PC:
cd c:\mini-adb

-pull the battery in your phone for a few seconds. hold volume down,then power. hold them both until you see the white/colored writing hboot screen

-select "fastboot" from the hboot menu with the vol rocker/power button

-in your cmd window type:
fastboot devices

it should output your phones serial number. if so youre good to go. if not,youre apparently having a driver issue. i usually recomend these drivers from Revolutionary: modified htc drivers download and install the drivers(you should just have to run that file). afterwards,unplug your phone,plug it back in. make sure its in fastboot. as soon as you get a result from "fastboot devices" your ready to procede to the next step.

-in your cmd window,type(or copy/paste,is much easier):
fastboot getvar all

-copy the info that outputs here. right click in your cmd window,click mark,highlight it all in white. hit enter. paste the info here. it will help us know which ruu for you to run. :)

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
do the following,and paste the output for us here. make sure to delete your esn and imie. doing this will get you working adb/fastboot and get us some additional info about your phone.

first download and install these drivers: revolutionary drivers (mirror)

then,download this small file:
mini-adb.zip

-unzip it,and place the unzipped folder onto the root of your C drive(not inside a folder)

-open a cmd window(with win 7,click start bubble,type "command" or "cmd" in hte search box)

-now change to your mini-adb directory(assuming you didnt chagne the name). type in the black cmd window that opened on your PC:
cd c:\mini-adb

-pull the battery in your phone for a few seconds. hold volume down,then power. hold them both until you see the white/colored writing hboot screen

-select "fastboot" from the hboot menu with the vol rocker/power button

-in your cmd window type:
fastboot devices

it should output your phones serial number. if so youre good to go. if not,youre apparently having a driver issue. i usually recomend these drivers from Revolutionary: modified htc drivers download and install the drivers(you should just have to run that file). afterwards,unplug your phone,plug it back in. make sure its in fastboot. as soon as you get a result from "fastboot devices" your ready to procede to the next step.

-in your cmd window,type(or copy/paste,is much easier):
fastboot getvar all

-copy the info that outputs here. right click in your cmd window,click mark,highlight it all in white. hit enter. paste the info here. it will help us know which ruu for you to run. :)
ok...Thanks

Upvote 0
You say you wiped all, does that include erasing system? If so then that did erase the ROM, and as a phone only has one ROM that would leave no OS (any ROM you install overwrites the previous one).

That looks like the one M7_U RUU I found. It's older than your previous software, so may well not work, but there's nothing to lose by trying.

Do I understand correctly that you cannot get into recovery?
when i put it into recovery mode, it shows only htc logo with text "entering recovery" and stuck here only

Upvote 0
ok...Thanks
C:\Users\Tanveer\Desktop\mini-adb>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.56.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 4.20.707.7
INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
INFOserialno: HT367W905447
INFOimei: 354435054484522
INFOmeid: 00000000000000
INFOproduct: m7_u
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8064
INFOmodelid: PN0711000
INFOcidnum: HTC__038
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 3841mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: dirty-59adc32b
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.054s

Upvote 0
C:\Users\Tanveer\Desktop\mini-adb>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.56.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 4.20.707.7
INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
INFOserialno: HT367W905447
INFOimei: 354435054484522
INFOmeid: 00000000000000
INFOproduct: m7_u
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8064
INFOmodelid: PN0711000
INFOcidnum: HTC__038
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 3841mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: dirty-59adc32b
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.054s
now what to do? pls help

Upvote 0
now what to do? pls help

-download this recovery image: Techerrata Downloads - Browsing m7
-place it into the miniadb follder you used above.
-place your phone into fastboot
-open the cmd window like you did above and enter:
fastboot devices

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-m7.img

fastboot reboot

-give the phone a few minutes,then do a hard reset(hold power) and get back to hboot,then choose recovery

hopefully now you can get to twrp recovery,where you can either push your rom to the internal storage,or use the recoveries sideload feature to install a rom.

we can give some more detail later once youve got a recovery working,but in a nutshell:

*place a rom into the miniadb folder. then:

push to internal storage
-open cmd window,and put the phone into recovery
-enter
adb devices

if you get serial number recovery back,then try:
adb push romname.zip /data/media/0

if that is successful,use recovery menu options to reboot recovery,then attempt to install the rom normally,it should now be on internal storage. make sure to wipe data/factory reset

sideload
-place phone in recovery,open cmd window
-start sideload on phone
-enter in cmd window:
adb sideload romname.zip

once you have a working recovery,you can also use a usb "OTG" adapter to flash a rom from an external flash drive or sd card.

im off to work,but holler if you have questions :)

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
^This.

S-Off has many uses, but it isn't actually needed for installing custom ROMs. And while it makes many things much easier, because it allows you to bypass various safety checks it's up to you, once you are S-Off, to make sure you don't do anything that could damage the phone.

ROMs are device-specific, to the extent that they don't always work between different versions of the same device (e.g. a ROM for the International HTC One may not work on a Verizon HTC One), and they don't work between different devices even from the same manufacturer (a ROM for a HTC One M7 will not work on a HTC One M8, for example). You'll see some ROMs, e.g. CyanogenMod, which are available for many devices, but those have been built separately for each device they support, and if you try to install the wrong build on the wrong device it won't work at all.

So if you are thinking of trying to install a Samsung ROM on a HTC device, just don't even try it. The best that could happen would be that it would fail to install. If you got the ROM installed the best you could hope would be that it didn't do any permanent damage and that you were still able to load a compatible ROM afterwards. There is no way a HTC phone can work with Samsung software, but depending on what you did you could damage the phone trying.

Reactions: scotty85 and clsA
Upvote 0
If you look in the HTC One All Things Root Guide sticky post in this forum ( http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=685946) you'll find links to threads for the firewater and rumrunner S-Off tools Scotty suggested. Just use one of those for S-Off. The same sticky thread also has a link to instructions for removing the tampered flag.

When you say you are having trouble updating, how are you trying to update? Also what ROM are you running and what recovery are you using?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones