HTC one build qualitySupport

1. ironman187

ironman187 Well-Known Member

I cased mine, it makes it easier to hold. Lol
  2. PrinceOfDorne

PrinceOfDorne Well-Known Member

So after 2 weeks of using my One without casing and with extreme caution, a gap is starting to develop at the back between the white plastic and the middle aluminum. I hate Otterbox but I think I am getting one. :(
    JimKnuckles likes this.
  3. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Well-Known Member

do you mean the white strip that runs along the back top part of the phone? Maybe you can provide us with the pic?
  4. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

That sounds like a defect I would call HTC on myself.
  5. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Thread cleaned. discussion is on the build quality and fit/finish of the HTC One.
  6. jimmur_2000

jimmur_2000 Member

Well my phone is in a case, my Beats logo is wearing out :(
    PyroSporker likes this.
  7. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

What kind of case? is it the case that is wearing it off? Are you seeing any other scuff or scratch marks, or is it JUST the logo ink?
  8. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Fear not, you are not the only One that has had the Beats Audio logo wear off.
    I read a tip a while ago, shortly after release, that the logo can be removed completely fairly simply with Nail Polish remover (acetone)
    Exhibit A
    Exhibit B

I've also read that the official HTC 'Double Dip' case can scratch/scuff up the handset pretty easily during installation and removal or when normal debris gets caught up under the edges (tip for TheAtheistReverend, when/if he gets his One)
    TheAtheistReverend and KOLIO like this.
  9. Tlicious1020

Tlicious1020 Well-Known Member

I am not an employee of Seidio. But you don't run into this problem with cases from Seidio. Cheap cases equals crappy results.
  10. TheAtheistReverend

From another thread as to whether or not to use a case:
    Seidio is the only brand I've ever used religiously. The surface case allowed dust and grit in to scratch my Incredible 2, but I bet any (hard) case will under the conditions in my pockets.
  11. Tlicious1020

Dust and grit? Where does a case pick up grit from? If you have dust inside your case you probably need to change the air filter out in your house. Or you are taking the case off and dust accumulates on the inside.

Also, he said the dust and grit scratched his phone, not the actual case from Seidio.
  12. ironman187

One's pocket ; )
  13. Tlicious1020

Maybe pull pockets out of pants and wash them?...lol...WTH
  14. ironman187

That's hardly fool proof.
  15. celticfc482

celticfc482 Well-Known Member

Which do you lot think would be better. I love the black finish on the HTC One but I have seen that you can see scratches/finger prints more on it.

Which colour do people here have?

Thanks
  16. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

If you can get the black ONE,since it's the color you prefer,get it & put a body skin on it.

HTC ONE M7 Screen Protector

It'll still look nice,plus have the added benefits of hiding fingerprints,scratch protection & a more secure grip.
  17. Tlicious1020

I have silver and it matches the color of my truck! Getting out of a silver Toyota Tundra with an HTC One is awesome!
  18. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

From what I've heard the black HTC One is not the way to go if you want to avoid marks.
  19. Adar

Adar Well-Known Member

The black one is fine e, unless you drop it. The scratches show through really prominently. My wife dropped her black One the second day she had it, now she has bright silver marks on the corner. On the silver One, it wouldn't jump out as much, but silver on black is very noticeable.
  20. ironbrewer

ironbrewer Well-Known Member

Or you may be mountain biking, climbing, camping, hiking, motorcycling, maybe even just living.
  21. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Isn't it also to do with anodised vs coated - making the black one easier to scratch and then it is more visible when it does?
  22. AngelArs

AngelArs Well-Known Member

The power button on mine is around 0.1mm taller than the body, which is where it should be. If it was any taller then they'd have to physically alter the design of the power button, making it harder to press, which would not be good. I've looked at around 15 different Ones and not one of them was recessed. When you're talking about 0.1mm it's nearly impossible to get any better than that. Anyone who feels it should be better should wait until NASA produces a phone.
  23. TheAtheistReverend

And when you're milking cows, you get tish EVERYWHERE. :D
  24. robsevo

robsevo Active Member

Thought I'd chime in... I've heard that the black One's were supposed to be of the later builds so manufacturing processes should have been ironed out, well....

My first black one came out of the box looking like the lower right corner (looking at the face of the phone) had the black anodized finish rubbed off. They didn't have anymore so ATT ordered me another and let me use it until they came in. I then noticed on the same one the glass was higher in the upper right corner. You could actually catch your fingernail on the edge. The other corners were flush. Needless to say glad I wasn't keeping this one.

Rep calls and says your new phone is here. We went through three until we found one that didn't have some janky quirk to it. One had the emblems on the back completely crooked like Stevie Wonder was working that day, another had paint chips missing on the lower speaker grill, finally the last one was clean. The manager was very cool about it and brought out a stack of them.

I think looking at anything that close and you're bound to find imperfections. I have seen brand new Iphones with chips in the edges, S4's with uneven gaps in the plastic around the screen. I guess we can all be a little OCD when it come to something we stare at all day!
    KOLIO likes this.
  25. Tlicious1020

I had a dream yesterday that I dropped my phone and the screen cracked. Thank goodness it was just a dream or was the HTC gods trying to warn me?