• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC One charging or turning on

Nadal4life

Lurker
Jul 10, 2016
Please help!!!!!! I have an HTC One M7 that was working perfectly fine this morning. I was at about 85% battery life when the phone decided to just randomly turn off. I tried holding the power, volume up and down buttons for 2 minutes but nothing came up. When I try charging it, there's no red LED light that appears. Anyone have suggestions. Need help ASAP!!

No red light when you plug it in is bad. Combined with a sudden shutdown it's very bad.

Just to check: the charger works with another phone, you've tried a different cable, and you've checked for dirt in the charging port? None of these would explain the sudden shutdown, but just want to be sure there isn't a simple/inexpensive solution to the lack of charging.

Unfortunately I think the most likely explanation for what you've seen (sudden shutdown and lack of charging light) is a motherboard failure. Maybe a catastrophic battery failure, but motherboard would be my guess. Either would require repair or replacement, so the only real difference is the cost of repair.

Sorry, but I don't think there's anything you can do yourself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones