• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One M8 stuck on "htc one" screen.

SugaredJake

Lurker
Dec 18, 2014
Hi all,

I've had a spot of bad luck and recently my HTC one m8 fell out my pocket and with superb accuracy landed straight in the toilet bowl. Needless to say i was sure it was a goner but 2 weeks on i have tried to restart the phone.

To my surprise it has turned on and is now charging. The only problem is it will only get as far as the screen saying "HTC one". I.E it has gone past the first HTC screen, then loaded up the o2 screen (my carrier) but then gets stuck at the next screen. I have managed to get into the boot settings and tried to fastboot, recovery and factory reset but still the phone will not get past this screen.

The phone was completely stock with no special rooting done to it to corrupt software or anything so i'm just wondering if there are any other options before i finally admit defeat once and for all.

Thanks in advance,
Jake.

Ah, well that's good (the rice bit) but after the water evaporates, the minerals and what-not, still exist on the circuitry.
That's what I believe is the issue now.
I hope I am wrong, and perhaps someone else can chime in here, but from hearing about countless stories about phones in water, it's just a matter of time (more or less) before the phone finally checks out :(

Upvote 0
Yeah I didn't know if somehow the internal os had been damaged or corrupted by the water (clutching at straws here) and would need replacing. But I think I'm being too optimistic due to the last time I picked it up it was completely unresponsive.

I guess i should give in now though but thanks for taking the time to reply all the same :)

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones