• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One M8 - Won't register on network

Hi,

I have an issue with my HTC One M8 (bought via gumtree)

I have entered a new sim card into the phone which was on 02 with its last owner; when I try to put my sim card in I can get internet mobile data but cannot call or text etc.

When manually trying to connect to a network the phone says your sim card does not allow a connection to this network but then sometimes it says connected and I can get on apps and internet but can't call or text.

I have tried factory reset, different sim, making sure APN is correct but still no luck!

I also checked the IMEI encase I was sold a stolen phone but the IMEI check came back with no issues.

Any ideas anyone?

Can you try it with a different SIM, different carrier. Did you use CheckMend to verify it? Depending on how recently it was reported stolen or missing, or possibly attached to a delinquent contract, it might not be reported to the agent yet. But if indeed it's blacklisted, it's pretty much useless as a phone. And likely only the original owner can get it cleared, like reporting it found to their carrier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones