• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Htc One m8

Boomsound speakers and 32GB of memory right out the box for the M8. I'm not sure how much of that is user accessible but it's way more memory than the S5. The S5 only has 16GB if you get them in a store and the 32GB version hasn't even been released yet. Even when the 32GB version of the S5 is released it will only be available online. Brick and Mortar stores are not going to sell them.

Upvote 0
Hiya and welcome to Android forums!

My answer is a bit biased as I'm more of an HTC fan than I am Samsung. Just my personal preference.

However the only real way to help make your mind up, go into a store that has live demo's of both devices and play with them both to see which one suites your needs the most.

Moved into the device/carrier comparison thread so others can help you weigh your options to make a decision.

Cheers :beer:

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
I am going to be upgrading my device next month and I can't choose between the HTC one m8 or the galaxy s5. Anyone have any ideas for a tie breaker for me?

Tie breaker?

The Galaxy S5 is the best Android camera phone on the market, Xperia Z2 is the only real competitor.

Camera comparison: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs HTC One (M8), Galaxy S4, iPhone 5s, LG G2, Nexus 5, Sony Xperia Z1

The Galaxy S5 has the best display on any mobile device tested.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Display Technology Shoot-Out

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the feed back. I use to have an HTC incredible a long time agoit was the best phone I ever had. I have a galaxy s4 now I love my phone but I just saw that m8 and really liked it. I know you can't remove the battery but it has a slot for sd card which makes the choice even harder. Oh well I guess I got 14 bre if I get it anyways.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones