• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC One/Nexus 7 Streaming too fast

I have a problem with both my Nexus 7 and my HTC One phone. When I am listening to live streams on either device they play at twice the speed. It sounds like a chipmunk and is unlistenable. Anybody know what is causing this and a solution as it is most annoying. Or is there an app that would load as the default streamer that would play at the correct speed.

Welcome to Android Forums.

What carrier are you using?

If you are running either device in Jelly Bean or Kit Kat you could try running in Safe Mode (disabling all apps you added without uninstalling them) and if the problem stopped it is caused by an app that you added. (Safe Mode prior to Jelly Bean did not disable ALL apps.)

... Thom

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to the forums . I see your having a problem with MMS . now you said u have the correct APN for it and u paid for the service last thing is edit the build.prop and are you on the 3g setting or higher if u on the 2g you wont be able to send MMS it will take sometime even with WiFi on . which APN are u on the mvno

Wrong thread mate? Lol :beer:

Reactions: BRAINZ2013 and Thom
Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums.

What carrier are you using?

If you are running either device in Jelly Bean or Kit Kat you could try running in Safe Mode (disabling all apps you added without uninstalling them) and if the problem stopped it is caused by an app that you added. (Safe Mode prior to Jelly Bean did not disable ALL apps.)

... Thom

Thom
I will try your suggestion. At the moment I am on an OIlrig in the North Sea so don't have a reception. I will try next week when I get back. Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0
What app are you currently using for streams? And I assume these are audio-only streams, or do you have the same issue with streaming video?

I am just streaming directly off the website. Its a football commentary so I can only check it when there is a game. Which there is this evening. I thought it may be a problem with the website but I have spoke to others who do not have Android operating systems on their phones and theirs streams fine.
Is there a streaming app that will act as default for streaming straight from the web site.
Sorry if this is not much help but I am not really up to speed with tablets and smart phones yet. Only just got around to getting them.

Upvote 0
I am just streaming directly off the website. Its a football commentary so I can only check it when there is a game. Which there is this evening. I thought it may be a problem with the website but I have spoke to others who do not have Android operating systems on their phones and theirs streams fine.
Is there a streaming app that will act as default for streaming straight from the web site.
Sorry if this is not much help but I am not really up to speed with tablets and smart phones yet. Only just got around to getting them.

So the app would be the browser. Which browser? Chrome, Opera, Firefox, etc? Is the commentary audio only, or is there a video component as well? I would suggest trying a different browser to see if that helps.

As far as finding a streaming app, that really depends quite a bit on the particular website and the particular stream.

Upvote 0
So the app would be the browser. Which browser? Chrome, Opera, Firefox, etc? Is the commentary audio only, or is there a video component as well? I would suggest trying a different browser to see if that helps.

As far as finding a streaming app, that really depends quite a bit on the particular website and the particular stream.

Yes streaming from the website, I have tried I.E, Firefox, and Chrome. Same on all three plus another which I forget the name of now. The web site is Middlesbrough Football Club but I cannot give a link to Boro + as it is a subscription site for listening to Boro games live.

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity, have you tried streaming anything from somewhere else just to make sure it's not an issue with that particular stream?

Tried the stream on my PC and Laptop and it is fine on both. Got me a bit flummoxed to be honest. Haven't really tried to stream other things on phone nexus before now but tried a couple of other streams and they are fine. Maybe its the website.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones