HTC one rooted

1. liteace

liteace New Member

Hi All, Im new to Android, I got an HTC one about 3 weeks ago after using a Iphone 3gs for just under 3 years, very happy with the HTC one, even though i'm still getting used to it, its a million times fast and the bigger screen is good for my old eyes.
    On the Iphone i had the sky news app, i did use that quite often just to keep up on whats going on in the UK, I remember that I had to set up another account to download the sky news app on the iphone.
    I have tried to download the app for the android and I get the message:

"apps not available in your country"

So after a little bit of reading I installed the market unlocker app, then after more reading I followed a step-by-step tutorial for rooting the HCT, I have done this, ran the market unlocker but still can install the app, when the market unlocker is running I get another message saying something like

"google paly store stopped"

So I no better off, is there a way to get it, install it or if now how do I un-root the phone back to how it was?

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Your best bet is to ask in your specific phones forum, All Things Root, where others with the same phone and on the same carrier can better assist you.
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Well-Known Member

It all depends on what rom you've flashed, rooting alone isn't going to solve your problem. First you'll need to change your phones CID a subject I'll leave you research. Changing your CID will enable you to flash a rom from your country of choice and thus you can run your chosen app.

There's plenty on changing CID's here and on xda.
    scotty85 likes this.
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

if changing cid is required,you will need the phone to be s-off as well. simply bootloader unlocked doesnt allow alot of changes.

the best way to unroot is simply:
    1)restore an unrooted backup
    2)re-flash a stock recovery if needed
    3)relock bootloader

alternately,you could track down a stock rom and flash that if you dont have a backup,or you could run an ruu,if one is available for your build.

if you have only installed superuser and not flashed a rom,then you could always use a root explorer to navigate to system/xbin and delete the superuser file,and then simply delete the superuser app. if youve rooted with superSU for superuser,it has a built in option to unroot,just open the app and use that.

hope that helps :)