HTC One S App Issues!Support

1. noz81

noz81 Member

Hi all

I have recently bought a HTC One S on O2 UK which i must say, is a brilliant phone, it is pre-installed with ICS and came with a load of Apps already installed as per usual. i'm having issues with a couple though. I went to download the Ebay and O2 apps from Google Play but it said they were already installed and gave me the option to open them from within Google Play. They are not available to access from the phone in the usual pages in the menu where all the other apps are but do show as being installed on the list of all Apps in the settings menu (cant do anything with them in there though, cant uninstall as it says they are 'built in apps').

Am i missing something?!?! Surely i shouldnt have to log into Google Play to open certain Apps?? everything else i have downloaded has worked fine and the other ones pre-installed also show on the phone menu. whats the deal with these two?

Any help or advice would be well received

Cheers
    Neil

Advertisement
  2. bigt

bigt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

is 'all apps' selected when you open the app drawer, shown in the red elipse above
  3. noz81

noz81 Member

It most certainly is, and they dont show, cant locate them by searching either, but they are there to open on the Play Store and show as installed under the App section on the Settings.
  4. bigt

bigt Well-Known Member

I am stumped then
  5. mjrose

mjrose New Member

sanibel likes this.
  6. as439726

as439726 Well-Known Member

This may sound silly, but can you uninstall and reinstall?
  7. mjrose

mjrose New Member

Unfortunately not. These apps or pre-installed, you can disable and re-enable them, but doing so dosnt change anything.
  8. noz81

noz81 Member

This seems crazy and something definitely not right. i might go into my O2 shop and see what they say. No point having an Android phone if you cant even launch the Apps i want!
  9. bigmark

bigmark New Member

Just like to say I'm having the exact same issue! Let me know how you get on!
  10. as439726

Check xda. Root, remove, reinstall.
    Hoping for you and me when I buy it shortly
  11. noz81

noz81 Member

Sorry, not with you, i'm a rookie!
  12. bigt

bigt Well-Known Member

Have you tried a factory data reset? In settings then storage.

Warning: Factory reset will permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you’ve downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
  13. as439726

Go to xda developers web site. Type "root one S" and it will walk you through the steps.
  14. Sprawlsy

Sprawlsy Active Member

I am having exactly the same issue with the 'Your Orange' app. Could it be that it only happens to network installed apps??
  15. jb5001

jb5001 New Member

I had the same issue on o2... Have you reset your phone since you inserted the micro-sim? I reset my phone earlier, it asked if I wanted to install new carrier settings (or something like that), if you click accept it changes all of your carefully constructed wallpapers (so back up beforehand) to an o2 default, but I can now access the eBay app and other o2 apps! Good.
  16. noz81

noz81 Member

Sounds promising, which type of reset did you do and where is that option in the menu?
  17. Sprawlsy

Sprawlsy Active Member

*Update* The missing app is now showing, didn't do any resets either, it just appeared this morning when I was scrolling through my apps. Curious!

Hope the rest of you get sorted.
  18. noz81

noz81 Member

Update from me too. i did a matsre reset including the storage and when it restarted, a load of extra apps appeared, including the ebay and o2 ones. bit weird but all working now...