HTC One S Jelly Bean update not availableSupport

1. dolv

dolv New Member

I have an (unlocked, not rooted) HTC One S running Android 4.0.3 and am trying to upgrade to Jelly Bean (and to the newer version of Sense).
    When searching for an update, the phone tells me that there is no update available for my phone.

I checked with HTC support and was told:
    "the update for your device is currently offline due to server maintenance. "VilleC2#U MR HTC EMEA FOTA, 2012/10/24, HTC WWE, Offline, 2012/10/24, 1.11.401.110, 2.15.401.100" Please await for the update to be released again for your specific device... I could not say how long this will take. Please manually search for updates every so often"

Has anyone else had this problem, or do you know a way around it?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. ChrisAG

ChrisAG Well-Known Member

Whether you get the update depends on your country and carrier. If you don't provide this information you won't get an answer.
    dolv likes this.
  3. dolv

dolv New Member

Thanks - Country is UK. Carrier is Giff Gaff (on the 02 network).
  4. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

I dont see anything new with Jelly Bean. Nothing like going from Windows 3.11 to Windows 95 for sure!
  5. ChrisAG

ChrisAG Well-Known Member

You don't think Google Now with Voice Assistant and Cards is new? It's huge, like Siri only better (provided you set it up properly and know how to use it).
  6. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

...let's not forget project butter !!

On topic ... i have a new unlocked [but from O2 Germany] One S, and have the 4.1.1 update installed, it came with 4.0.3 onboard.
    It's strange...