• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc one S red triangle with exclaimation during update

Rana747

Lurker
Oct 14, 2013
hey all, i got a ONE S last night and its on android 4.0.3, there was an OTA update available so i downloaded it and installed it but during installation suddenly the green logo changes to a red triangle with exclamation. I have tried factory resetting and again installing but the problem persists. i can get in that boot-locker page and also when i click on recovery i get the same green logo which changes to red triangle. Phone is working fine, but i need to update to jelly bean. On the boot locker page, on the top its written locked, Hboot-1.13. The phone is not rooted everything is stock.

Sorry for my vocabulary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is giving me a serious headache.

The red triangle is the stock recovery, so that's pretty normal.

I'm not sure why the OTA is failing though.

The phone wasn't previously rooted was it? The boot loader may say relocked and/or tampered if that were the case.

Alternatively, you may want to run an RUU. However, I don't have the device so I'd wait until someone else can link you to the proper files

Upvote 0
The red triangle is the stock recovery, so that's pretty normal.

I'm not sure why the OTA is failing though.

The phone wasn't previously rooted was it? The boot loader may say relocked and/or tampered if that were the case.

Alternatively, you may want to run an RUU. However, I don't have the device so I'd wait until someone else can link you to the proper files
its not rooted (no superuser app or clockwork mod recovery), everything is stock i think. is there any other way i can update to jelly bean. do u know what is this RUU???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones