• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC One S S3 - RUU file

Hello,

can any one help me to find appropriate RUU file for OneS S3 VilleC2 ( S-on )?

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.09.0001
(bootloader) version-baseband: 16.15.20.29_M
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) product: villec2
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8260
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4020000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__032
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4066mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: f616909f
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Already try almost 10 different RUU's and all the time getting error message after trying to update it ( returns error with signature ).

Really appreciate any help !

Cheers !

phone is not booting with android system any more :( Only can start in boot mode ( vol - and power button ).

From the link you sent, believe me, I've try all RUU files - no success.

Old build number I cant tell you. From my findings old image was 1.11.707.110 and that's all I know.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

ahhh. an ruu may not be possible then. the good news is if youre still s on,its unlikely anything important has been damaged. can you describe the sequence of events that left your phone not booting? it could be you just need a rom or kernel flash to be up and running.

Upvote 0
Hi scotty. Sorry for a bit late reply. At the first hand I was trying to root my phone in order to be able to install some application which need superuser mode. Specifically, I needed rSAP support for my Bluetooth on HTC. Following the instructions, all start to be good. Unlocking phone finished fine. Next phase was to root phone. I was using fastboot. In the moment when phone went to reboot and displayed message Recovering ... it stuck and stay like this more then 45 min. There is nothing left to do, phone was turned off. After trying to turn it on again, no chance. Only start with HTC logo ( quietly brilliant ) and restart, and from beginning in loop al the time.

Thanks for helping me out to solve this. It is really hard for me to understand my phone cant be revived with Android again.

Upvote 0
Hi scotty. Sorry for a bit late reply. At the first hand I was trying to root my phone in order to be able to install some application which need superuser mode. Specifically, I needed rSAP support for my Bluetooth on HTC. Following the instructions, all start to be good. Unlocking phone finished fine. Next phase was to root phone. I was using fastboot. In the moment when phone went to reboot and displayed message Recovering ... it stuck and stay like this more then 45 min. There is nothing left to do, phone was turned off. After trying to turn it on again, no chance. Only start with HTC logo ( quietly brilliant ) and restart, and from beginning in loop al the time.

Thanks for helping me out to solve this. It is really hard for me to understand my phone cant be revived with Android again.

So are you able to get into a custom recovery?

Upvote 0
Ok so Vol- and power if you choose recovery what do you get?

assuming that doing this takes you to a custom recovery menu(twrp or clockwork mod) you will need to either restore a backup,or flash a rom. if you have a rom on your phone,you can wipe data/factory reset,then flash the rom.

on your PC,open up the rom you flash,and locate boot.img. place that into your adb/fastboot folder

after flashing the rom,place the phone into fastboot using a recovery menu option to reboot to bootloader.

plug in the phone,and flash the boot image with

fastboot flash boot imagename.img

i.e.,the image named "boot""

fastboot flash boot boot.img

hopefully that will get your phone up and running.

if you dont have a rom on the phone,you may need to "side load" it wich we will discuss later if needed.

if chosing recovery from the bootloader menu takes you to a red triangle and ! then you still have the stock recovery in place.

Upvote 0
Hi Bros.

recently I got a HTC for reset google account but I don't know what I have done wrong. Now the phone doesn't power on any more.
I can put it in DL mode
I can lock and unlock the bootloader
I cannot find the right RUU for it
I don not know if I should flash the kernel ( cannot find too)
I don't have any backup.
Please. could you help me?
here in Brasil there is not so much HTC, so I don't have knowledge abou it.

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.01.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 16.11.20.24_M
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: HT25YW407110
(bootloader) imei: 352762051092772
(bootloader) meid:
(bootloader) product: villec2
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8260
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4020000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__044
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3791mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.490s

C:\htc\data>

Thanks a lot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones