• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One S Screen Flashing problem

hud316

Feb 7, 2011
Over last few weeks I have noticed that sometimes when swiping to view another screen on my HTC One S the apps that I have on that screen take a few seconds to show.

Occasionally my screensaver would disappear and a black screen would be there but the backlight would still be there but no picture, my music started turning itself off after a few seconds also when played.

Today my phone started flashing from my screensaver with no apps showing to a black screen off and on. It now seems to be working again after I removed some apps and videos to free up some space but I am 10 months away from a renewal and was wondering if anyone had any idea how to fix or am I going to have to bite the bullet and get it repaired/replaced.

My software info is
version 4.1.1 - no update available after checking online

Any help/advice would be much appreciated as to what the likely problem is.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones