HTC One S Stock CWM Nandroid Backups (T-Mobile US)

Last Updated: 2012-10-04 23:16:14
  1. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

I uploaded CWM Nandroid backups for the HTC One S T-Mobile US.

Here are the links with the md5 sums:

Advertisement
    kp_luv, dongemus and Smokem I like this.
  2. msalivar

msalivar Member

Do I restore a nandroid just like flashing a ROM?
  3. agentc13

In CWM select backup/restore (and then there should be an option for restore). These only work with ClockworkMod Recovery, not TWRP btw.
  4. mike1000

mike1000 Well-Known Member

Installed Trickdroid and trying to get back to stock. When I flash the rooted file from above CWM says aborted.

Any ideas?
  5. agentc13

Does it say why it was aborted?

You could also try the unrooted one in case there is an issue with the other file and see if that works.

You could also run an RUU.
    http://androidforums.com/one-s-all-things-root/560329-ruu-download-mirrors.html
    Just pick the appropriate one for your carrier. You also have to relock the bootloader to run it (but you can unlock again after using the original token).
    mike1000 likes this.
  6. mike1000

mike1000 Well-Known Member

I'll try again. Just to confirm, this is a simple download and flash right? Nothing to do to bootloader or anything else, just flash this file via cwm right?
  7. agentc13

You need to have an unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery. But other than that it's just choosing the restore option.
    mike1000 likes this.
  8. tsokira

tsokira New Member

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had a nandroid backup of a Virgin Mobile Canada/Bell Mobility ICS Stock ROM? RUU isn't working for me and fails with Error 155 UNKNOWN ERROR

Much help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
  9. dongemus

dongemus Well-Known Member

Is there a stock rom for TWRP? Maybe I should put CWM on instead of TWRP.
  10. agentc13

There might be somewhere around the internet, but I haven't made one myself (so it isn't available for download from me). I can see about doing it myself when I get time, but I will probably be a little while before I can do it.
  11. dongemus

dongemus Well-Known Member

FYI, I tried to get the "stock.rooted" nandroid to flash and it aborted for me as well.

I think this wasn't meant to be flashed but instead recovered. I mounted USB storage and went to sdcard\clockworkmod\backup and made a folder there called "stock.rooted"

Then I unzipped all the nandroid files (7 files) from the "stock.rooted.zip" posted here to the stock.rooted folder I just made in sdcard\clockworkmod\backup

Then I unmounted USB storage, rebooted into recovery, and 'recovered' the backup named "stock.rooted"

Presto! Stock rooted back on the phone :)

Disclaimer: doing any of this could break/brick your phone. Always make backups and even then you're not 100% safe.
    kp_luv likes this.
  12. kp_luv

kp_luv New Member

you truly save my life / and my marriage soft brick my wifes phone unbricked but killed wifi no nadroid back-up now i can flash RUU without "155" error. Stock.no root works the stock root gives black screen of death. cheers

files need to be unzipped in back up folder for clock work mod on sd card