• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One S won't S-OFF

Good evening,

sorry for bothering, but I rooted my HTC One S and started to use some features.

Now I wanted to go advanced and watend to S-off my htc one s international (HTC__102) to put a custom ROM that needs S-off and was able to SuperCID (11111111). But now I have a little problem:

I am not able to S-OFF no matter what I try. I followed the steps in the thread and I am aware of what I am doing, but I still got stuck in something.

How to root HTC One S. This is the thread made by agent13 for how to Facepalm S-OFF the htc One S.

I have the same model ID that is being used in the thread, and followed everything that was done.

Now this is the thing that is not working:

After entering the this comand: fastboot flash zip PJ4010000-OneS.zip
I get the exact same error that is provided which is : After a while, You should see the following error

Still seeing the red text is normal,that's not the write protection that is being refered to.

What errors are you getting with the rest of the process? A copy of your cmd window would be especially helpful.

Last and not least,what Rom are you currently on? If on a stock build,what is your build number,and what superuser are you using?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones