1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

HTC One specifications and discussion (Keep thread on topic)Support

Last Updated:

1. JoeyofBladez

JoeyofBladez Member

I'm not complaining, but does anyone else notice that phones have all of these specs and still no USB 3.0? Looks nice though, I'm curious about how much graphics memory it has. Not that it matters but I'm curious if it has better GPU than Galaxy SIII

Advertisement
  2. smitty543

smitty543 Well-Known Member

Will the new HTC ONE (Sprint CDMA) have a slot for an International SIM Card??
  3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

No user accessible sim slot for the Sprint version, so you will not be able to pop in a sim card at will.
  4. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

MicroUSB 3.0 technology still isn't ready to my knowledge. I would expect the next generation of phones to have it though (late 2013/Early 2014). The USB Implementers Forum acknowledged they were working on it but speeds would max out around 800mbps vs 5Gbps, however faster charging would be a benefit. Still with wireless charging looking more likely to be the norm, it is probably too little to late unless it is a host port.
    toad6386 likes this.
  5. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Interestingly, Engadget's comparison review of the ATT and Sprint versions says that the Sprint model does have a user-changable SIM:

HTC One for AT&T and Sprint: what's different?

but I would assume that it's carrier-locked at least.
  6. sikclown

Yeah I caught that too. I guess i really never noticed but it does have a GSM/UMTS radio in it. I am betting it is locked but according to the HTC One User Guide you just have to call them to enable Worldwide Service. I am sure, as with other models, after x amount of time activated they will unlock the SIM slot for International travel (not US Carriers).

http://shop.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/htc/one/htc_one_gsg.pdf
  7. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

I still doubt the Sprint version has a user replaceable sim slot for use on gsm networks. sprint is a cdma carrier as we all know. the ONE on Sprint is not being touted as a world device. the micro sim slot is for LTE services, not to use gsm freqs.

one can do international roaming with this device as you can with other devices on Sprint.

just my opinion on what I've also read. it's all speculation until sprint users get this device.

don't want to make this into a big deal so I'll let you have the last word on it. :)
    Hadron, smitty543 and EarlyMon like this.
  8. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Nooo, I'm certainly not arguing. :) We don't have CDMA handsets here, so I only have limited knowledge of how they work, so I can quite believe that it has a fixed "internal" SIM for GSM use and the slot is for LTE.

I did notice that the Sprint user guide silkclown posted didn't mention the SIM at all, so they aren't exactly encouraging people to try changing it.

(Don't ask why I read that guide when we don't use CDMA this side of the pond! ;)).
    marctronixx likes this.
  9. sikclown

Of course it is all just speculation but this little nugget of info stuck out to me in the Sprint get started guide "Note: Prior to using your Sprint Worldwide GSM/UMTS Data Services, you must establish and utilize your CDMA data services domestically on the Sprint Network" :)
    Hadron, EarlyMon and marctronixx like this.
  10. mistral_blue

mistral_blue Member

If anyone has not seen it yet, there is an HTC Microsite allowing you to look at the phone and play with basic features:

Experience the new HTC One
    toad6386 and Hadron like this.
  11. Aokusman

Aokusman Well-Known Member

Wow that's a lot of space. So those with the 32gb phone only have 22gb to use. Glad I went with 64gb.
  12. ironman187

ironman187 Well-Known Member

Ugh really? That's abysmal.
  13. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

I had an 8 gig nexus.
    I used 3 gigs...

32 or 22 is more than enough for me and probably most people.
  14. kidcarter93

kidcarter93 Well-Known Member

You sure?
    I only ask because OS space was only 6GB on mine and it appears to be the same on most others aswell.
  15. clsA

clsA Well-Known Member

Says I have 19.6 GB Free of 25.4 GB, That's 6.6 GB used by the OS. That's including all the AT&T Bloat that will be removed soon.
  16. Aokusman

Yep. It says I have 10gb of other? I have not even installed anything yet.
  17. rottonj

rottonj Well-Known Member

Who is your carrier?
  18. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Since you haven't installed anything yet and seem to be in the minority, maybe try factory resetting your device?
  19. Aokusman

20. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

21. kidcarter93

kidcarter93 Well-Known Member

Try doing a factory reset as suggested but if that doesn't work then maybe that's just the default amount on the 64GB model.
  22. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Well-Known Member

only 6g on mine as well. sprint
  23. Aokusman

24. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

I've had my 32Gb model for a month and have not reset it at all during that time. I have 6.6Gb of other.
  25. Aokusman

Atts bloatware is all over this diamond. Disgusting.