• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One specifications and discussion (Keep thread on topic)

So on the upper left hand side of my sprint htc one there appears to be a sim card slot. Is that what it is? I thought sprint phones didn't use sim cards, Is it for travelling internationally?

Also, look at post #104 for freqs that Sprint (and other models) have.

I was thinking of getting the HTC One on Sprint. I have heard conflicting reports as if this is a world phone or not. I think it supports GSM 800 and 1900 bands. I want to know if I can just pop in a SIM card from another country and use it as a unlock phone (I know I have to ask Sprint to unlock it). I am going to France this summer and wants to use the phone there. Any help would be much appreciated. If it is not a world phone, I guess I have to pass up the One for now! :(

While I can not confirm with absolute certainty these facts, from what I've seen is that it isn't sim unlocked, but it does support the following GSM frequencies:

GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900
UMTS/HSPA: 1900/2100

According to HTC, that's the case, 2 frequencies, as the Sprint version isn't the GSM model -

HTC One Overview - HTC Smartphones

EarlyMon, so according to that page the One on Sprint should have the following:

2G/2.5G - GSM/GPRS/EDGE:
850/900/1800/1900 MHz

1900/2100 MHz with HSDPA up to 14.4 Mbps

3G - CDMA:
800/1900 MHz for Sprint

LTE
1900 MHz

I guess this is correct since the 2G/2.5G did not specified that is is specific to a particular handset or company?

ok, so I'm thorough confuse by this phone. Sprint keeps telling me it is a world phone yet cannot tell me the frequency this thing have....

That last column with the Sprint model shows only two GSM bands and the CDMA and LTE for sprint. The GSM is for data I believe. How then will it make phone call if it is a world phone unless it has the other bands....

Thanks everyone for trying to shed light on this puzzle for me.

Upvote 0
my one got water damaged and sent into the htc repair shop. after getting fixed and shipped back to me, software on the phone is different. here's the relevant info:

android version: 4.1.2
htc sense version: 5.0
software number: 1.27.531.11
htc sdk: 5.12
baseband version: 4a.17.3250.20_10.40.1150.04L
kernel version: 3.4.10-g04f3908

what changed between builds?

was on kernel g3.4.10_g24b0b2a and software number 1.27.531.7

Upvote 0
appears to be from asia

factory boot mode is all in chinese characters

phone storage indicates

.98 GB total space internal storage
14.83 GB total space SD card

I presumed all HTC one's where 32gb when I bought the item.

Can anyone provide the specs/model # for this unit?

and would it be compatible for Canadian networks and if so, would I be able to access LTE?

---
I put in a rogers sim card

and only get 2 available networks

Rogers 2g and wind 3g

NM8PN07100 is only thing I can find

Thanks,

Upvote 0
I'm afraid that model number just seems to be the generic HTC One FCC ID as far as I can tell.

There are a couple of HTC One variants on the HTC China site.

One is a dual-SIM model with an SD card and 32GB of storage. There are at least 2 network versions of this. All should support quad-band GSM (2G) in both SIM slots. SIM 1 is the only one that supports 3G. The Unicom version looks like it should do North American 3G (WCDMA 850 and 1900, as well as the more global 2100). If "Mobile" refers to another network variant that has the same (plus a China-specific standard). The Telecom version says CDMA 800/1900 and UMTS 900/2100, so won't give 3G with a North American GSM network.

Then there's another version, the 801-e, which appears to be a standard GSM (non-LTE) model except that HTC's site claims it has 16GB storage. Now there are reviews for 801e which say 32GB, but as this is HTC's own site I don't easily dismiss it. So this sounds most like your model.

I'm a bit confused that you can see Rogers 2G and Wind 3G, because Wind's use of 1700 AWS would I'd have thought make it the least likely to work. But if this is a Chinese HTC One I can't see anything that suggests that LTE will work. :(

Upvote 0
You can see if it has 4G capability a few different ways. this includes going into settings, clicking on mobile data on the left side (not the on/off switch) and seeing if it says "4G settings" at the top, and has the option under network mode to switch to LTE.

you can also go into your dialer and type ##DEBUG# and there will be an LTE engineering section if your phone is LTE capable.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Thanks. ##DEBUG# (##33284#) doesn't work (you can't type letters in dialer) but I did see options on "Network Mode" that included LTE. Nothing specifically to switch to LTE but I can select from the following: 1. LTE/WCDMA, 2. LTE/GSM/WCDMA, 3. GSM/WCDMA preferred.

I'm not sure if this actually confirms that my phone has 4G capability though.

Upvote 0
Thanks. ##DEBUG# (##33284#) doesn't work (you can't type letters in dialer) but I did see options on "Network Mode" that included LTE. Nothing specifically to switch to LTE but I can select from the following: 1. LTE/WCDMA, 2. LTE/GSM/WCDMA, 3. GSM/WCDMA preferred.

What carrier are you on?

Do you know your phone's exact model number?

Have you seen this post earlier in the thread and the ones following it?

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5777410

Does that answer your question?

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
No, It's all greek to me. In terms of model number, I'm not sure what you mean. My phone itself lists its model number as "HTC One" (not much of a number. I also have a baseband version, kernel version, AOKP version and Build number (attached). My carrier is AldiMobile (who are using Telstra 3G at present) but I'm switching to another telco who provides Optus 4G. Hence the question. Cheers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-07-09-52-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-07-09-52-05.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
No, It's all greek to me. In terms of model number, I'm not sure what you mean. My phone itself lists its model number as "HTC One" (not much of a number. I also have a baseband version, kernel version, AOKP version and Build number (attached). My carrier is AldiMobile (who are using Telstra 3G at present) but I'm switching to another telco who provides Optus 4G. Hence the question. Cheers.

Ah, thanks and sorry about the dumb model number question, my brain was elsewhere. What can I say, I'm out of Vegemite so I'm not 100%. :(

Ok, I can see the problem from the info you provided.

Yeah, sorry, it doesn't.

(Btw, rather than the debug dial thing, the Network app by Philipp Mangelow is the way to go if anyone needs that sort of access - which - is pretty rare.)

Anyway, you found the settings, excellent.

Except once you get into the network settings on an HTC, you'll see the whole universe of options that *general* model offers, whether yours has those options or not.

(That's zero for two for our side. :p)

Here's some tech - when Optus says 4G they mean LTE on an 1800 MHz band.

You don't have to care what that means just how to use it.

In this case, we can look up the chart and see that the model built for the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Asia) has it.

But - you're right, they do make a 3G only model that would work just fine on AldiMobile.

Gar! :mad:

Ok, let me wander off, check your baseband number, and see what else I think of to solve this.

PS - No, I don't think that everyone down under eats Vegemite.

Yes, I do too think that everyone should at least try it because I think it's very good ok.

Yes, it's OK if one prefers Marmite, I'm no judge of that.

And yes, I really am out.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
So is that a Yes, given that LTE is listed as an option? I'm not sure what you mean by "and used *those* network settings".

Basically, everything in this business comes with an extra layer of confusion.

Some days I make it worse.

The following two shots are both for Network Settings, taken just now on my HTC.

The first is a service menu (that some versions access with the debug dialing thing).

It lists everything that every version of my phone does.

The second is also the Network Settings, and these are the ones that count and indicate your radios.

Unless you're on AT&T in the USA, which was why I wanted to be sure about your carrier.

Attachments

• 1396832934044.jpg
    1396832934044.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 1396832944415.jpg
    1396832944415.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: brownbag68
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones