• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc one sv qpst

Uhhh, from what I have read if you gotta go to qpst then your either a god or in line for a new phone. Meaning that qpst is like way above and beyond what is normally needed (as far as I have ever seen anyway, dont quote me) . There might be a simpler solution to your problem to be had here if you wish to share what is wrong with your device. Maybe not though :)

Upvote 0
I went hunting for a thread that I had seen with this same issue but couldn't find it but I did find http://androidforums.com/threads/desire-s-dead-boot.536245/#post-4271737 that may have some more info. I am totally unsure if the files or help you need will be there, but the links are good and a quick read makes it seem possible if you can follow the steps. Hope this helps :)

Also, if I find the one I was thinking of I'll drop a line here.

Upvote 0
if fastboot works you can install twrp then you can run one of my backups and should be up and running.honestly tho dude as i keep saying theres not an easy fix for qpst unless your s-off whitch you are not

Yeah but its hit and miss if he can even get into fastboot without powering on. if adb is picking it up as HSUSB with the power off, maybe he can force it to boot to the bootloader, but shy of getting there first, is there any hope of getting to fastboot?

I guess what I would try is:
first off all make sure adb can see your device with <adb devices>
then if it sees anything there Id use a <adb reboot bootloader> which will get you into hboot if it works
from there you can get to fastboot -->TWRP -->restore from one of the frosthax1 backups.

But that all falls apart if adb cant do what I hope it would. Just a little sideline, Ive said this before to others too.... I have never seen anyone who needs qpst successfully recover their device. I have read threads where it was done, but there was wizardry of a higher nature going on in those threads. No one who has come here saying "please help with qpst" has walked away happy, atleast I dont think so

Upvote 0
i typ in adb devices and get nothing

Time for troubleshoot! Yeah! :) (cuz its something I know how to do)

(also please forgive me for being given patronizing but making sure correct stuff has been done correctly is part of the process)

1) is your device on?

2) have you enabled USB debugging in developer options?

3) is your driver installed? Ie does your pc see your device (does it show in the device manager or as a removable drive)

4) if you've done all that and still can't get it I'm out of ideas :)

Upvote 0
I'll do ya one better and factory reset mine and you can buy it! Charge port is funked over though so you'd probably end up spending on it too :)

http://androidforums.com/threads/he...hone-as-qualcomm-hs-usb-qdloader-9008.816107/

There is the link I've been talking about. Even if it doesn't help it's worth a read through. At least that's the reason why I think the qualcomm message means a dead device to way but the best. Also I'd love to know what a riff box is and if this jtag thing works.

Upvote 0
I really gotta stop saying stuff like that. People always think I'm selling stuff because I stuntman crap :) I've got my new device now so if you seriously wanted it you could pm me, but like I said it needs a new charge port. I'm working on getting a generic one (you wouldn't believe how hard these things are to find) and then I'm going to repair it. And a few other things around the house with broken charge ports... They're just so fragile!

Anyway in the interest of comparison, I think I bought mine for about 20 dollars more than you bought yours for. Great little device. I shall miss it

Upvote 0
unsure how yall got it cheap i got mine on a heavy discount for 80 off amazon.if you somehow found it cheaper new great but thats a 300 dollar phone retail still so im amazed you got it for 40.i wouldnt trust this phone that low tho.it could have had hardware malfunctions and put back in the box sealed..i really wish you wouldnt post this in the general htv one sv thread tho cause this is a mod issue and most generals dont know what they are doing too.i check this now and then but if its not sent to the proper rooting subsection most that have knowledge wont see it. btw you can get into fastboot holding volume down while powering on.if it doesnt work the first time the battery may still be holding on info doing a normal power boot so pop out battery pop back in and retry holding volume down and power.you should go into fastboot bootloader,and if you have the drivers fastboot will work.the reason adb wont work is the phone has to actually power on to use adb functions.hope that helps

Upvote 0
I don't know what to say about that I guess. Amazon has always been good to me in regards to devices and accessories. I do usually take the risk of getting a used one though. I'm "frugal" like that :) I didn't get mine for as cheap as they are now, but I consider it to be reasonably priced for how nice a device it is. For comparison I'll tell you that I paid twice as much for a new (as in not used) device that has impressive specs but does that deliver the power the One Sv has, even after a new kernel and a custom rom. I will say that the dev for the new device has been excellent though. Overall I've finally got it to a usable point, but for the money and the specs, the one Sv has it beat hands down.

Upvote 0
amazon is just a distribution service but if its faulty you can go thru amazon.youll notice some things say amazon and some things have other business names.anyone can sell anything on amazon even us,remember that.things can also go wrong in shipping,never know.could be many factors. could just be whatever false program he tried to use to root and stuff.and he mentioned jtag.i dont think jtags used for phones.i could be wrong but not even console modders take jtagging seriously its old shit

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones