HTC One V Cases and Screen ProtectorsTips

1. los panda

los panda Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member Developer

Zagg screen protectors are sticky and over priced. If you use a slide keyboard you will dislike the Zagg. It even days on the package that it "improves grip". Not something you want on a slide keyboard.

I recommend getting a 3 or 6 pack of genetics from eBay or Amazon for a few bucks. This let's you mess up once out twice putting it on, and leaves you spares, for 1/10 the cost of a Zagg.
    los panda likes this.
  3. los panda

is genetics the brand?
  4. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member Developer

los panda likes this.
  5. los panda

6. andreq85

andreq85 Member

I got a Clarivue screen protector and it's quite good. It was #4 out of 10 in some screen protector review I found online.

You pay ~$12 and you get 2 protector in 1 box. If you have friend or family with a One V it's a nice cheap protector.

If you look at their youtube instruction video, you can't go wrong. The trick with a little roll of tape on your finger is the key to have a bubble/dust less install.
    los panda likes this.
  7. fisterkev

fisterkev Well-Known Member

Probably the two best cases out there right now are the Otterbox Commuter and the Trident Aegis Case for the One V. Both are similar in that they are hybrids - both hard and soft silicone protection, both with covered accessible ports, both come with screen protectors. I have the Otterbox. To me it is worth it to pay a little extra for a nice case, as these are the best protection money can buy.

I also use a Skinomi screen protector. It is very smooth and reduces glare a bit, and feels like glass instead of plastic.

Amazon.com: OtterBox 77-20718 Commuter Series Hybrid Case for HTC One V - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Trident Case AG-ONEV-BK AEGIS Protective Case for HTC ONE V - 1 Pack - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - HTC One V Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories
  8. andruoid

andruoid Well-Known Member

I bought this case for the One V to recess the camera lens and to avoid scratches on the body. It's very minimal (what I like about it).

Affinity case for HTC One V

[​IMG]
  9. los panda

i ordered these, 5 for $3.28. the reviews said they may be a little short. has anyone used them?
  10. andruoid

andruoid Well-Known Member

The Affinity case does't quite cover the 'chin'. I'd estimate a millimeter or 2 is exposed. I bought it mainly to recess the camera lens.

I really wish the manufacturers would take note and embed the lens further in. This would do 2 things: protect the lens and also act somewhat as a lens hood to decrease flare in photos.
  11. los panda

i forgot to paste the link in my post above ^. i was referring to these screen protectors, i'm sorry.
    Amazon.com: HTC One V - FIVE (5) Premium Ultra Clear, Smooth Touch LCD Screen Protector Film (with Cleaning Cloth) [AccessoryOne Brand]: Cell Phones & Accessories

as far as cases, i think i'm leaning towards tpu. this is the only one i found that is "simple" and "clean" - made by amzer.
    Amazon.com: Amzer AMZ93509 Amzer Soft Gel TPU Gloss Skin Fit Case Cover for HTC One V - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

does anyone else use a tpu case?
  12. los panda

got those ^ screen protectors from amazon. have nothing to compare them to, but they feel a little "sticky". also, like the reviews said, they're about 1mm-1.5mm short. great deal though
  13. los panda

14. lefecious

lefecious Member

15. simonsimons34

simonsimons34 Rom & Kernel Developer Guide

The otter box for this phone is amazing. I've dropped my phone thousands of times and its all working great screen still pristine. It even includes the screen protector. For the price, get it!
  16. lefecious

lefecious Member

How is the belt clip on the otter box? I can't seem to find any good pictures of it.
  17. simonsimons34

AFAIK there is not one. With this case I prefer my pocket anyways. The iPhone one works great so I know this one will too
  18. ph37rd

ph37rd Member

The OtterBox Commuters don't come with a belt clip. The OB Defenders do, but there isn't a Defender model for this phone.
  19. Which cases don't block the notification light?
  20. simonsimons34

The otter doesn't block the led
    Scatterbrained likes this.
  21. ryuk666

ryuk666 Active Member

Trident aegis case doesn't. I currently use the black and blue one and it comes with a free screen protector. And for being a free screen protector, its actually pretty good.
    simonsimons34 likes this.
  22. bunnyfer

bunnyfer Member

simonsimons34 likes this.
  23. ItsameScott

ItsameScott Member

I am a big fan of TPU cases. I've got this one on the way.

Amazon.com: Jkase Premium Quality HTC One V / T320e HTC Primo Streamline TPU Case Cover - Retail Packaging-Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

It is transparent so I would think one can still see the LED.

I've go these screen protectors on the way.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007V64I8Q/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

5 for less than $5 including shipping. Pretty good reviews. Cheap. Plus I am not that picky about my screen protector so I do not like to spend much on it.
  24. los panda

i can't stand any designs or different textures on cases, that one shipped for $3 when i bought it.

i agree w those screen protectors, i uploaded a customer image.