HTC One Verizon + ATT sim + Cyanogen 10.2 Message not sent


  1. Norlo

    Norlo New Member

    Hi every one, this is my first post so please bare with me, I apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong place.

    I'm a total noob in every aspect of every thing android and cell phone related.

    I had a "jailed" iPhone for many years and 2 weeks ago I thought: "Let's try android for a change". I'm very happy I made the switch as android offer so much more customization and this forum has been extremely helpful.

    Anyways, that's not why I'm here.

    I have a Verizon HTC One that I use with a AT&T sim card (don't ask me why :D) and it works fine... So after reading tons of info here and elsewhere I, of course, "RumRunned" it without any issue and then proceeded to flash Cyanogen 10.2, again without any problem. Well... I've encountered one problem:

    I can receive sms but I cannot send sms or mms for that matter.

    After some research I tried the following:


    • Made sure that my APN setting were good. They are.
    • Rebooted the phone multiple times.
    • Dialed *#*#4636#*#* entered the proper AT&T SMSC PDU number: 07913121139418f0. This gives me an update error message. I also tried the Verizon SMSC number just for the hell of it, it didn't work... of course
    • Installed Go SMS from the play store, enabled the "use custom SMSC option" (or something like that) and then entered the proper SMSC number for ATT. I tried the "true" number as well as the PDU conversion of the number without any success.
    • Tried calling AT&T tech support. I will let you guys guess if that was of any help!
    So here I am. I went into recovery and very sadly reinstalled the stock Sence OS and I can now send and receive sms without any problem. I tried dialing *#*#4636#*#* to see my SMSC number so I could revert back to cyanogen and punch it in, but this option is blocked in HTC Sence.


    I think that this have something to do with using the verizon version of Cyanogenmod while using an AT&T sim card, but my opinion on the matter is worthless since, as I said before, I am an absolute nood.



    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Advertisement
    :
    friederbluemle and scotty85 like this.
  2. Norlo

    Norlo New Member

    Some other things I've noted:

    When in cyanogenmod, when I access the phone info settings, the "my phone number" field is marked as unknown. Buy when I'm in the stock is it shows my phone number without any problem.

    This furthers my belief that verizon cyanogen has problem with at dim cards.
    friederbluemle and scotty85 like this.
  3. scotty85

    scotty85 Guides Guide

    Unfortunately,you've allready tried the things I could think of,so does seem the issue is simply using cm with gsm instead of cdma/lte. If you haven't done so yet,search or ask in the roms dev thread if other gsm users have found a workaround.

    Just curious,what data speeds are you seeing with your setup? Some of vzw's "world phones" will only get edge on
    gsm, but the DNA seems more open,and has no prollem getting reliable HSPA+

    I'm assuming you're getting decent data speeds?
    friederbluemle likes this.
  4. friederbluemle

    friederbluemle New Member

    Did you figure out what the problem is/was?
    I am having similar issues with a T-Mobile branded LG G2 (D801) and an AT&T sim card. I cannot send any sms messages. The really strange thing about it is, that it worked before I traveled to Europe for two weeks at the end of December. Since I got back to the US, no more text messages (I can only receive them). Very frustrating.
    I tried updating the SMSC number, but I get the same update error when trying to set the PDU number. I can set a regular number but it won't help. When I click "Refresh" the value in the box is "+13123149810",145
  5. JoeFresco

    JoeFresco Well-Known Member

    I have an ATT LG G2 that I unlocked and took to Barbados to use on LIME. Upon returning, I have this exact issue with the same SMSC issue. I'm going to back up the phone and then try doing a hard factory reset to see if that resolves it.
Loading...

Share This Page