HTC One Volume Control and Speaker LoudnessSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Hey Nomunk I'm with sprint as well and my HTC ONE speakers makes static nose. Do you experience any of this?

marctronixx likes this.
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i am on sprint and have a launch day device. no distortions from the device i use.
  3. SolApathy

SolApathy Cleverness is not wisdom Guide

As am I
    marctronixx likes this.
  4. Adar

Adar Well-Known Member

My speaker volume seems fine, but ever since taking the update related to HD Voice, my blue tooth volume is much much lower. I used to only have it turned up about 3 or 4 notches. Now I have to have it more than half way up for it to be usable while driving. I haven't tested my wife's phone yet.
  5. nomunk

nomunk Well-Known Member

I have not experienced any static whatsoever from day one. So far so good.

edit: I got my HTC One at launch if that matters.
  6. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

The HTC One is exceptionally loud. I have the ring and media volume set at the first couple of levels most of the time.
  7. ronkmonk

ronkmonk New Member

Hello android forums,
    This is my first ever post so bear with me...

I have been having the htc one for around a month or two and I love most of the things on the phone like the screen and build quality; I have been enjoying the sound quality probably the most though!

I find the beats audio setting good for my hip hop music at my relatively quiet home, but when I am showing off my speakers at school it seems I have to resort to turning off beats audio if i want to stay away from setting the volume over 3/4 (call me crazy but I want to make the speakers last). My question is if the beats audio can be maxed out or close to maxed out without hurting the beautiful speakers? The music is less louder compared to it when beats is turned off and it sounds like the speakers can handle but I wanted to get a second opinion. This is also my first smartphone so I don't really have any experience of having a past phone to experiment with.

What do you guys usually put your sound settings on and how good are your speakers now compared to day one?

8. Samcanadian

Samcanadian Well-Known Member

We played the same song side by side, and while it wasnt an insane difference, the Note 2 is definitely louder. I took a coworkers HTC One and played it alongside mine and they were similar in volume.

9. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

There is a mod out there for people running custom ROM's which increases the number of steps in the volume chain.

Only thing it doesn't do is change the default minimum and maximum volume levels, just the steps inbetween to get to each one.

As far as I know this can't be changed unless HTC do it with an update.
  10. tpapay

tpapay New Member

Found this on the HTC site: I just figured out the call volume problem on my HTC One. Under "Call" on the Settings menu, there is a "Hearing aids" option that was selected (by check box.) When I de-selected this option, the over-amplification of incoming conversations resolved. The first clue was an ear-shaped icon at the top of the screen with the service bars, 4G and Wi-Fi icons, etc.

This fixed a long-standing problem for me that T-Mobile support couldn't figure out, either. :rolleyes:
    KOLIO likes this.
  11. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

this option has been on many an htc device. its not a "problem" and should only be intended for users with hearing deficiencies, not to increase your music and make it better.

this setting CAN and WILL distort music and even voice conversations and should be used with caution EVEN with people with hearing deficiencies.

and ABSOLUTELY UNDER no circumstances should it be used with Beats or any preset audio algorithm!!!!! you are asking for trouble! :D
    KOLIO likes this.
  12. SnowSoul

SnowSoul New Member

I have the HTC One, but a problem persists with it: the headphones blasting. I am using the ones that come with the HTC One and occasionally, when it switches songs, it will for the first second just blast that music at max then go back to what I have it set to. This hurts my ears like no other, even if it is just a short burst. Anyone have any ideas on how to deal with this? Thanks.
  13. johninbigd

johninbigd Well-Known Member

I just got an HTC One and I love it, but I'm a little annoyed by the soft speaker output. Notifications seems to be acceptably loud, but if I'm in the car listening to the radio, I can't hear turn-by-turn navigation directions at all. With the Galaxy S3 that I just switched from, I had no problem hearing the instructions over the radio and road noise. Have any of you run into this? If so, have you found any good solutions? I'd love to find a volume boost app or a setting to bump up the output a bit.

Any suggestions?
  14. sprayers

sprayers New Member

Sound got week on htc one...after week or so found plastic face cover over speaker...
  15. emandroid user

emandroid user New Member

I can't play my games without waking up the*dog. Increments are too large. An update needs to be done soon! I've disabled Beats but no difference. Help!

16. shmooglepuss

shmooglepuss New Member

I agree, the volume is way too loud, even on the lowest setting. My old HTC Desire had a slider, that changed the volume incrementally - can't imagine why they would change that... Functionality is a good thing!
  17. Rob Jones

Rob Jones Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend an app that consistently adheres to the volumes that the user has set? So far, every one I have used resets to default after a few days (re: v loud)

many thanks
  18. BryanBreezy

BryanBreezy Member

Hey there. I realize I'm a tad bit late, but I know of an app that has been really helpful to me. I downloaded it some time ago and it lets you control the volume of pretty much everything on your phone. It's called Smart Volume control + and it allows you to control your volumes by profiles. It's pretty cool.

I'm sure by now that you found something that is working, or doing a good enough job, but I figured I'd post about it anyways.

Here is the app:

There's a free version you can check out too if you just want to play with it.
  19. JamesSvr6

JamesSvr6 New Member

Hi all, Had my HTC One for around 8months and really happy with it until 3 weeks ago. Top speaker starter to crackle/distort at mid/high volume, been getting steadily worse and now nearly impossible to hear phone calls. Anyone else had this issue?

Contacted O2 (UK) and they said the phone is under warranty, send it back for repair for free.

Which would be fine but I have heard that the whole phone has to be not holding out hope that I get my original phone back.
  20. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

If it's a hardware issue then it'll need to go back, what's wrong with getting a new phone?
  21. NZHTC

NZHTC New Member

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem. I want to play games without waking my girlfriend up but the lowest volume setting is still really loud so I want to be able to lower it by finer increments. Most apps seem to either give you a different way of adjusting the volume, but the volume remains the same, or boosting the volume but I want the opposite

I may have just found the App to solve this. It's called Fine Vole Control V2.0 I just installed it and if you go into the advanced settings under preferences you can set the volume to extra low and I can now play games quietly. I haven't tested any other sounds yet and it seems like it might work on a trial basis where you have to pay later but so far so good
  22. admob

admob Well-Known Member

my speakers must be bust, because loud isnt one description that i'd use for them... they are crackle free when turned up full, but nothing like what i was expecting of them... do the speaker grills fill up with dust/fluff etc if you keep the phone in your pocket etc.. Because my microphone hole on the bottom edge became blocked... a quick rub around with a pin head cleared it up.....
  23. NZHTC

NZHTC New Member

My speakers are great if I want to play something loud, way better than any other phone I've come across. I have no problem with crackling or dust in the grill (though I do have a case that closes over top of them)
    marctronixx likes this.
  24. rgs

rgs Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if there's any way to lower the phone volume on the HTC One when making a call. There don't appear to be any volume settings specific to the phone. I'm not talking about the ring but about the voice from the other party coming into the phone. It's so loud I have to hold the phone away from my ear to be able to understand them.
  25. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

Have you tried the volume down button during the call?

Unforgiven likes this.