HTC one WiFi woes

1. Maxxy1977

Maxxy1977 Member

My phone is s off and running 4.4 KitKat which is a
    Modded ROM my problem is I have no WiFi and no Bluetooth working. The buttons are there they just turn on then go off. The WiFi button says error. I'm newish to all this so go easy on me please if this is a simple fix.

Advertisement
    :
  2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forums. I see your having trouble with your device . need some extra info to help you fix this device . now are you running a custom rom or just the is rooted.if a custom rom which one
  3. Maxxy1977

Maxxy1977 Member

The ROM is custom and its boot loader is unlocked and it has s off. Now I've looked further I have no WiFi Bluetooth or FM radio could this be a hardware fail? Are all theses ran from one chip?
  4. Maxxy1977

Maxxy1977 Member

The phone was bought like this is there anyway I can find out what the ROM is??
  5. BRAINZ2013

You say a custom rom . now did you try another custom rom to see if these items work . it maybe just the rom . the dev may have a zip to fix the blue tooth and WiFi . try another rom or see if someone has posted a fix for this . did these items work before you flashed the custom rom
  6. Maxxy1977

Maxxy1977 Member

The items have never worked ever. I've tried at least 5 different ROMs now and still no luck. The bootloader was unlocked when I bought it I'm wondering if it needs putting back to stock then starting again??? Does it matter which was used to unlock the bootloader??
  7. BRAINZ2013

So you never had a full stock before . the hardware could be a problem cause a custom rom will repair things I seen devices I had the headphone jack didn't work with the factory os once I flashed the custom thing worked like it was brand new .
  8. BRAINZ2013

Did the owner before you say that they didn't work . sometimes reflash the custom rom without a wipe . flash no wiping and flash back to rom fixes the problems. Or if the stock doesn't work its a problem
  9. Maxxy1977

Maxxy1977 Member

He siad it didn't work but thought it was software related I'm beginning to think its hardware if all three are down!
  10. BRAINZ2013

Which custom rom u are using
  11. Maxxy1977

Maxxy1977 Member

How do you tell?
  12. BRAINZ2013

The custom rom fixes in most cases now u need to get another rom and check . what custom ROM are you running
  13. Maxxy1977

Maxxy1977 Member

I don't know whatvrom it I'd its just 4.4 kit kat how can I tell the ROM????
  14. BRAINZ2013

Is this a cm rom , a mokee rom, PAC man or . that maybe a problems you download the wrong rom
  15. Maxxy1977

Maxxy1977 Member

I got it from HTC guru website.
  16. BRAINZ2013

I need you to tell me which one to help it maybe the wrong one. Can u take a screenshot and post on forums
  17. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Check in settings/about phone and tell us the info in "software information"

You should also tell us the info on the hboot screen.

Brain,I know your trying to help,but he's said several times he doesn't know what rom. It may be neccessary to run an ruu and get everything back to stock :)
    BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  18. BRAINZ2013

I was trying not to confuse him but I think stock is better that u mentioned it
  19. Maxxy1977

Maxxy1977 Member

4.4 sense 5.5 software number 4.06.1540.2
    HTC SDK api level 5.65
    Baseband 4A.22.3263.14_1010.38n.1157.04L
    Build number 4.06.1540.2 CL283265 release keys.
    WebKit 534.30
    Kernel 3.4.10-g31f7883.
    Hboot screen M7_UL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
    CID-VODAP001
    HBOOT -1.54.0000
    RADIO-4A.22.3263.14
    OPENDSP-V31.120.274.0617
    OS-4.06.1540.2

CHEERS GUYS.
    BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  20. BRAINZ2013

Who is the carrier you have
  21. Maxxy1977

Maxxy1977 Member

The phone is vodaphone unlocked and I'm on EE.
  22. BRAINZ2013

This is rooted and I think u have the is already
  23. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Sorry for the late reply. Since you are s off,I think you should run an ruu and get back to 100% stock. I can't link it at the moment,but the dev edition ruu is readily available.

Run stock for a couple days,and if the prollem is fixed,ifs easy to reroot.

I'll get you a link as soon as I'm back at a pc
  24. BRAINZ2013

25. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

on second thot,lets get some basic info before running an ruu. can you do this and paste the results(xxx out your esn and imie)?

first download and install these drivers: revolutionary drivers (mirror)

then,download this small file:
    mini-adb.zip

-unzip it,and place the unzipped folder onto the root of your C drive(not inside a folder)

-open a cmd window(with win 7,click start bubble,type "command" or "cmd" in hte search box)

-now change to your mini-adb directory(assuming you didnt chagne the name). type in the black cmd window that opened on your PC:
    cd c:\mini-adb

-pull the battery in your phone for a few seconds. hold volume down,then power. hold them both until you see the white/colored writing hboot screen

-select "fastboot" from the hboot menu with the vol rocker/power button

-in your cmd window type:
    fastboot devices

it should output your phones serial number. if so youre good to go. if not,youre apparently having a driver issue. i usually recomend these drivers from Revolutionary: modified htc drivers download and install the drivers(you should just have to run that file). afterwards,unplug your phone,plug it back in. make sure its in fastboot. as soon as you get a result from "fastboot devices" your ready to procede to the next step.

-in your cmd window,type(or copy/paste,is much easier):
    fastboot getvar all

-copy the info that outputs here. right click in your cmd window,click mark,highlight it all in white. hit enter. paste the info here. it will help us know which ruu for you to run. :)