Htc one x browser problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. teepeekaka

teepeekaka New Member

Hi all, newbie here so be gentle please

I've had the one x maybe 3 months but recently (certainly after jelly bean update) my stock browser doesn't have the facility to recognise a number in a webpage and allow me to click it to take me to the dial number page.

I used to use this function regularly but as of late it no longer works.

Has the forum any ideas?????

Thanks in advance

2. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

Umm... I'm confused. The android 4.1 jellybean update hasn't rolled out to anyone that I am aware of... were you talking about sense 4.1?

If you can't figure out why, you can switch to chrome. It recognizes phone numbers.
    teepeekaka likes this.
  3. teepeekaka

teepeekaka New Member

It was a 4.0.4 update or rather i presume it was as that is what i'm currently on.

Not sure if the problem i'm having coincided with this as it was a number of weeks ago but nevertheless thats the problem i've got. Thought maybe a setting had changed but also my partner who has the same phone and received the same update has also experienced the same problem.

Chrome or another browser it maybe then if i have no luck.
  4. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

Personally I prefer chrome to the stock might want to try it and see if you like it more.
  5. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

I agree with GuitarG20 I use Chrome over the stock browser :)
  6. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Dolphin browser
  7. teepeekaka

teepeekaka New Member

I download dolphin brower after reading good reviews but this works in the same way, ie clicking on a number will not activate the number dialler.

Is there the possibility that there is a setting that has been disabled. Does anyone else have this problem on their browsers?
  8. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

I use Dolphin, and am also on 4.0.4. Just went to and a banking website to see if it would recognise phone numbers, and it worked fine.

The numbers on Yell were highlighted in blue and underlined, and when you press on them - up comes the dialler with the number already entered. Same on the banking website - though the numbers were not coloured or underlined.

Can't think of a setting where this is set. I do remember there was some legal issues a while back with Apple about this functionality - are you in the US by any chance?
  9. Jogi

Jogi Well-Known Member

I use opera browser and tested it to see what happened. When I click the phone number it does bring up the dialer but it adds a couple characters at the end of the number. I just delete the extra characters and it calls the #.
  10. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Do you have any other apps installed that interface with the dialer? Skype, whatsapp, Viber etc?