HTC One X Camera problemSupport

1. missdenise

missdenise New Member

Sorry if there is already a post on this, I am new here!

So I got my HTC One X in October, which I love it very much and I have no problems with it. But today, I wanted to take a close-up picture of a ring that I bought - but it's not focusing. It's all blurred (the ring & any other close up things). I also touched the preview to focus, nothing!

Is there anything to solve this problem? I'm sorry I can't post pictures, as I am new here

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hello missdenise,
    Welcome to the forums!
    Didnt see your post until now so I moved it here for you.
    How close are you getting? There is a limit on how close you can get before it will try to focus and fail.
  3. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Well-Known Member

Mikestony is absolutely right. A couple of days ago I tried to focus on the AC adapter in order to take a picture of the text printed on it but I couldn't. Just like the human eye, you can only get so close to it until it becomes blurry, so just try to create a bit of a distance and then tap-to-focus. There are also a couple of applications that may help you with taking close pictures, and they're:

Shot Control
    Camera FV-5

They're both designed for people who know a thing or two about photography (which I am not one of) but they're still not difficult to use for normal users.
    Mikestony likes this.
  4. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

the built in camera also has a macro (close-up) mode that you can select in the selector menu (the big A by default) that should help with close up pictures, but there is a certain point where it can't quite get it focused. you should be able to get fairly close though.
  5. missdenise

missdenise New Member

On my dad's HTC Wildfire S, the closer I get still gives me a great result. The One X = nothing. I tried to take a close picture of my keyboard, for example, there is good distance between the camera and the keyboard. But still, not focusing.
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

How close are we talking? I can get about an inch and a half away before it starts to lose any real clarity. Are you zoomed in, or just really, really close?

You should be able to upload some sample pics now. If not, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
  7. TarekElsakka

Something must be wrong with missdenise's camera or settings since I just took a couple of close-up pictures of my keyboard (with close-up feature deactivated and then activated) and they turned out just fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see in the second picture, it starts to lose focus and clarity, but that's because I was way too close. Sorry about the dirt on the keyboard, by the way, I haven't cleaned it in ages; I will do so in a few, though. :D
  8. missdenise

missdenise New Member

From the camera to the object there is about 4/5cm. I don't find it that really close to the camera... I think.
  9. TarekElsakka

I haven't tested it on text yet but I am going to later and post the outcome. I don't think I can get too close to a text in a book, for instance, as to take a great picture with clear quality, it's just not possible with a standard camera like ours, it'll probably require a professional camera and some photography skills.
  10. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

First of all I think your keyboard needs a clean lol here's a picture at about 2 inches away and 1 inch then a far out... Mine blurs quite a bit :-\

Attached Files:

11. TarekElsakka

Ha ha.. it sure does. I already cleaned it, though, right after I posted the pictures above as I mentioned in the post. :D
  12. missdenise

missdenise New Member

The 3rd picture, is it close to the keyboard? It is clear
  13. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

are ya'll using the close up/macro mode in the camera shooting modes? I find mine gets much clearer at close distances when I use it.
  14. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

Yeah the first 2 of my pics are with the macro on the 3rd was just auto from about 6 inches away looks loads better...