1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

HTC One X - Crash when trying to play video.

1. uk_network

uk_network Active Member

Hi there. I have recently rooted my HTC ONE X,
    using r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-ville.img
    then performed a full backup.
    On each of the new ROMS that i run if i record a video then attempt to play the video my HTC One will reboot. All other functions 'so far' seem fine.

The roms that I have tried are
    android evolution hd
    insert coin
    coredroid

I read in another post to try clearing the cache, but this happens on each new rom that i put on. If i revert back to the stock rom the video plays fine.

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    jerryonex146 likes this.
  2. uk_network

uk_network Active Member

*****resolved*****
    The ROM i downloaded contains boot.img
    i had to flash boot.img from the .zip i downloaded.
    The steps i followed are below. So if your HTC One x crashes on all video / youtube ect then its possible you missed out this step like i did.

1. Copy boot.img (which you extracted from InsertCoin_ONE_X_v3.2.0.zip) into the same folder where the fastboot or fastboot.exe executable file is.
    2. Reboot your HTC One X into Bootloader Mode.
    3. Select Fastboot from the Bootloader menu.
    4. Connect your HTC One X to the computer via USB cable.
    5. Manually flash the boot.imgfile you have extracted earlier. Open a command prompt or terminal on your computer and type the following command:
      • fastboot flash boot boot.img
    lennydude and zaki67 like this.
  3. zaki67

zaki67 New Member

had the exact same problem and your instructions brought everything back to normal.THANKS
  4. uk_network

uk_network Active Member

You're welcome. Its good to share fixes for the next person that has this issue.
  5. jerryonex146

jerryonex146 Member

you are a badman! and i love you
  6. mr jordan

mr jordan New Member

had to join this forum just to say thanks! you saved my phone from being sold on ebay! :D