HTC One X / Facebook syncGeneral

Last Updated:

1. t147

t147 Active Member

Hi, quick question about this, if anyone can help.

Got an HTC One X last week (love it) and, not being a big 'facebooker' (although enough of a user to check it probably once a day) DON'T want my fb contacts synced with the phone. This is simple enough, when I log on to fb it asks me this, and I check the 'no' box. Except it keeps doing this every single time, and I can feel it's something that will eventually bug the hell out of me if it doesn't stop.

There doesn't seem to be any 'dont ask me again' checkbox, or anything similar.

I'm sure there's an obvious answer to this, so apologies for the ignorance, but could someone point me in the right direction. I don't want FB sync but I also don't want to be asked this every single time I log on.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

The "Don't Sync" normally does it for me.

There's an option in the People app menu to show only certain contacts, have you tried removing FB contacts from that list, would that suffice?
  3. Marzy1357

Marzy1357 Member

Let your FB app sync your contacts, then go to Facebook app --> Settings and look for "Remove Facebook Data" it will get rid of all those contacts and turn the syncing off.. This is pain in the ass I agree, sync is stupid idea, i have no clue who's even using it. Even more I hate pre installed apps such as twitter and other social crap i never use..