HTC One X Jelly Bean downgrade?Support

1. Grafit

Grafit Member

Hi,

I installed Android version 4.1, because my HTC One X asked if I wanted to.
    I did it, and I now badly regret.

I hope there's a way to downgrade this, because i really hate this version.

Thanks already.

Grafit

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, Grafit!
    What are the problems you're experiencing? Have you tried a factory reset to see if that will solve them?
    Generally speaking, the only way to downgrade to ICS is to root and install a custom ROM.
  3. Grafit

Grafit Member

Hi,

Sorry for my late respons.
    Nothing works.
    I hate my keyboard and all the stuff that they made blue, instead of green.
    Also, I can't just put some photo's or music on my telephone, or on my computer, without using HTC Sync Manager, and that program, it just doesn't work for me.
    Everything I'd like to do, is not possible with HTC Sync.
    Also, I can't connect my telephone as a diskdrive anymore, terrible..

I'd really, really like to downgrade it to 4.0, but I don't know how to do that, if my warranty is still agreed, etc.

Please, somebody help me
  4. Rik Mayall

Rik Mayall Well-Known Member

Have you tried contacting HTC?
  5. Grafit

Grafit Member

I actually did, they told me they couldn't do anything for me because they don't have a legal downgrade theirselve
  6. acidstrato

acidstrato Member

what computer operating system do you have?

my Windows 7 and XP PCs detect the phone as a portable media device which I can browse just like a disk drive. I just ignore the HTC sync Manager software although I installed it just so it didnt keep trying to install everytime I plugged the phone in.

as for the Blue..thats just a theme.you can change it in Personalize/skins for different colour schemes

initialy I had the same opinion as you...I could not believe they did away with the option to charge or mount as storage device when you plug a usb cable in. The standard keyboard hasnt changed much really

but I am used to it now and I don't give it a second thought now.
  7. Grafit

Grafit Member

The theme is not changable. I can change the skin, but then my menu bar etc. will becomy ugly flat-black with stars(?). I still don't know how to easily put my photo's from my telephone to my computer (which is a Windows 7 btw), I don't know how to put my photo's to the telephone fron the computer. And the same for music. There has been a small update now which also gave me the great non-option to constantly see 'energy saving mode on/off', this isn't also possible to get away, is it?

I still really want the downgrade back to ICS
  8. Grafit

Grafit Member

BTW, I do also miss my 4x1 music player widget, I don't like google play music, and I think it is irritating that they changed the keyboard. I tried other widgets and apps, but just couldn't get used to it
  9. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

You can't unfortunately. Even if you go the custom ROM route, you can't install ICS because the firmware HTC have used is no longer easily (if at all) compatible with Sense ROMS.

Your best bet would be to root and look at something like Cyanogen?
  10. aakash_scsa

aakash_scsa New Member

Yes you can downgrade to STOCK ICS, but will require some basic skills.
    This post seems so old, so if You still require help with the same then reply Me with following detail:
    1. Your Location.
    2. ROM version.
  11. dmoss74

dmoss74 Well-Known Member

pm sent. i'm interested. my phone is way too sluggish with jb, especially the swype function, which i need. i can't type regularly on a touchscreen.
  12. El Presidente

I'm not entirely sure you can downgrade back to ICS with the newer 1.3x hboots? Wouldn't you need S-OFF for that? Could you post instructions in the root forums so we could all take a look please?

Why would you need their location before you give instructions too?
  13. geewhiz

geewhiz Well-Known Member

Smells fishy to me....
  14. Grafit

Grafit Member

So, it's not possible?
  15. El Presidente

I'm very dubious, I'd like to see the proposed method before commenting further.