HTC One X Jellybean IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. wacksonjackson

wacksonjackson New Member

Is anyone else having the issues im having with the recent release of jellybean on HTC One X through orange/EE

• I now have wifi connectivity issues with it dropping in and out continually
    • I have lost all haptic feedback, and the vibrate on key press is now greyed out.
    • I cannot open pdf's and such through the download utility now i have to go into the pdf viewer app and find the items now.
    • my battery life seems to have actually decreased now even though i have the new battery saving utility active (i have accounted for the increase in activity i had just after getting the update)
    • and not really an issue but an annoyance, disc mounting has now disappeared so its no longer really simple just to transfer files, you have to use the HTC sync

just wondering if anyone has the same issues or any fixes before i get angry at orange?

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Hi wacksonjackson (awesome username btw :D), I've moved your post to the One X section, you'll likely get better help here. :)

Regarding battery life, do you have location services and Google Now active? People have commented both have a negative impact on battery life so I'd turn them off and see if that makes a difference.

Re the Mount as Disk Drive issues, have a read through this: http://androidforums.com/htc-one-x-xl/664759-mount-mass-storage.html
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

... lost all haptic feedback ...
    the phone might be in Energy saving mode, pull down the notification bar and have a look.

Harry
  4. wacksonjackson

wacksonjackson New Member

Cheers El Presidente and touche yours is pretty cool to,

thanks for the help i didn't realise the power saving mode turned of haptic feedback so thanks harry2

and i might try turning Google now of but its really quite cool so that's annoying!

ill also look into the mass storage post