HTC One X not turning onSupport


  1. Neutrality

    Neutrality New Member

    So last night, I put my phone to charge a few hours before I went to bed and I disconnected it so it wouldn't overcharge while I was sleeping. My phone is doing this weird thing in my apartment where the battery gets drained for some reason. I think it's because the reception in here is spotty and the phone constantly looks for a better signal. Either way, I woke up this morning and tried to turn my phone on, nothing. I plugged it into my USB port to try and charge it, no red indicator light. However, a thing popped up on my computer to update a driver "Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader9008 (Com 10)" and I installed it. That's never happened before. Right now, the phone is plugged into the wall charger and I don't know what to do.

    Advertisement
  2. JKOH

    JKOH Member

    You may try holding down the power button and volumn down button together for a few seconds and see whether the phone wakes up.
    If I am not wrong, this is also the safe mode for restarting the phone when it hangs.
    I am just a user without much technical knowledge in regards to the phone's operating system.
    I had a similar situation a week ago and it works, never had the same issue again and the phone works properly without any problem so far. Never bother to call HTC to find out what is the likely cause.
    Hope it wake up your phone, if not maybe someone in this forum has an proper way to your problem
  3. UKProdrive340

    UKProdrive340 Member

    Just out of interest why do you think it will `over charge`? :confused:
  4. anoniemouse

    anoniemouse Well-Known Member

    If you use the supplied Charger then you will have no problem, i always leave my phone on charge over night.
  5. Neutrality

    Neutrality New Member

    Sorry I haven't replied, I left the phone charging for an hour and I was finally able to turn it on. It works fine now, I have no idea what happened. Wait, so if I use the supplied charger, there is no way it can overcharge? One of my friends told me that if you leave it plugged in too long the battery will overcharge. D:
  6. Fish-Bone

    Fish-Bone Well-Known Member

    Your friend would be right, if we were talking about Siemens A35 or something equal to that.. But these days the phones have smart power management systems so there is no problem or harm to leave it on the charger. If you dont trust us, you can do some googleing and find it out yourself ;)
  7. Hoppy

    Hoppy Well-Known Member

    I Leave mine on charge overnight every night still works fine no probs here
  8. Paul_59

    Paul_59 Active Member


    Agree
  9. NikkiC

    NikkiC Well-Known Member

    Same here. I do turn it off when charging though.
  10. RICHBILLY75

    RICHBILLY75 New Member

    On behalf of my girlfriend, a big "THANKYOU" ...
    (our asvice has also put me back in her 'good books' as well as making me appear to be an electronics wizard !!
  11. Lainiejade

    Lainiejade New Member

    Thank you so much! My phone powered down for an unknown reason and I couldn't get it to power back. I tried your tip and it worked! Thanks, what a relief :)
  12. razvan06

    razvan06 Well-Known Member

    It's not the overcharge effect you are getting if you let it charge over night, BUT the battery stops charging when it reaches 100%.
    If you let it charge over night, the battery drops to 90% and charges back to 100% until you unplug it.
    This DAMAGES your battery over time.
    I do not recommend it !


    This issue you had is because your phone "over-drained" [if i can say that] the battery and had no "juice" left, not even for the bootloader.
    This happens if something stresses the battery [like a game] and your phone dies while playing !
    -check apps for whatever battery drain;
    -check phone [may be hardware fault]

    You may have a look here to see what i mean : HERE

Share This Page