• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC ONE X Problems

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues to the ones I have experienced today...
I picked up the HTC ONE X from O2 yesterday lunchtime and installed a couple of games last night and set up my email etc.

Unfortunately I have been experiencing a few issues with the phone and was wondering whether it is just me...

• Zen pinball THD is very slow and jerky, unplayable as the flippers have too much lag - Same with Pinball Arcade
  • GTA3 plays very well, no problems here
  • Only getting a 2G connection, I was getting a 3G connection on my previous mobile (Iphone)
  • The time reset itself today to 6 hours behind for no obvious reason, I am wondering if this has something to do with the GPS
  • At one point today I couldn't get mobile internet at all and had to reboot the phone, this fixed the problem
  • Crashed earlier when playing a video and had to do a hard reboot
Please don't take it that I am slagging off the phone, I have just upgraded from an Iphone and assumed as it has a tegra 3 chip (The same as my Asus transformer prime) it would also have the same power when playing games.
The screen is amazing and generally I am very happy with it and certainly have no intentions to go back to an iphone, but I guess I wasn't expecting the problems.

Just one last thought, I called O2 about the lack of mobile internet and they said that it should be perfect as I am very close to a mast and there are no problems reported.

Thanks all

I'm also having some problems with my brand new HTC One X. I bought it in Switzerland as a SIM free device, and started using it yesterday, in Brazil, where I live. I am having the same problems with my mobile data. Sometimes it just stops working out of nowhere! And sometimes it also doesn't turn on the mobile data. Has anyone found a fix for this problem? And I've already checked that the phone works in the same radio band as my network. Please help!

Upvote 0
Ive had the no mobile data problem too, phone will show a 3g or an H signal but get no connection, seems to be when it reconects to the network from having no signal (i can go from no signal to full in a matter of meters at work) again a restart fixes this annoying though, other than that great phone makes my old desire feel small and fat

Same here, even my HOX show 3G or H no data connection at all. I use "Network Signal Info" app to check. It shows good connection but not able to get IP address. Have to turn on/off the flight mode with reset to get data connection again. It is really annoying here.

Upvote 0
I see similar issues after losing signal, most apparent when on a train. Signal drops, should come back but doesnt. I still have my old iPhone which recovers the signal immediately. Very frustrating when travelling as it is reasonable for the signal to drop now and then, but essential that it does come back without a reboot. As a guess, it might be a battery saving side effect; perhaps the radio doesn't attempt to establish mobile data connection often enough?

Upvote 0
I'm experiencing the same exact issues with reconnecting to data on the AT&T US version.. this problem seems so widespread that I'm wondering if it is software vs hardware, especially if it ranges through both the Tegra 3 and Snapdragon models.. but I'm not sure if the people that aren't reporting the problem are experiencing it as well... (are ALL of the devices doing this or just some of them??)

Upvote 0
i have a Rogers HTC one X (Canada) and I am having the same problem with the internet connection. it doesnt matter where i am, when i try to connect to 4G it shows the bars as it is loading data but i cannot load any page. sometimes it works for about 10 seconds and then stop again. of someone knows how to fix this please post it. i have about two weeks with the phone and i had this problem from day one. i tried soft reset, airplane mode on/off, and i get it to work only for 10 sec.

thanks

Upvote 0
Same problem as jreyes_27! Also with rogers, in Canada. It seems to be connecting to the actual network, but no internet is accessible. It connects to 4G most of the time, but when I'm near an LTE hotspot, it connects to LTE. Upload/Download arrows both remain unlit though. Trying to access internet pages result in "Webpage not Found." The connection bars are there, though....

Have already tried turning off and on, Removing Sim card, using airplane mode... So sad, after two weeks only. :/

Upvote 0
I also have the same data connection issues on AT&T. My iPhone never had this problem so I don't think it is the provider and it happens way too often. Read that a factory reset cures the issue, but does it cure it for good? I find the restart works, but the airplane mode trick has not worked for me.

Has anyone done the factory reset and had the problem completely go away? I love this phone, but this is a very annoying bug that may prompt a return since it seems this is the phone and not the carrier causing the issue.

Upvote 0
Having a similar problem, especially coming from my classroom which gets no signal to the outside. Losing 4G (won't reconnect), phone/text connectivity (won't reconnect), and today I lost all 3 without the phone relocating the signals. Any solutions? I don't want to return this thing...I like it. But the airplane mode on and off is ridiculous.

Upvote 0
I bought a HTC One X from UAE and I have a mixed review. Leaving the Positive ones , few below are the worst experience I have ever had with my Mobiles.
a. Phone is heating up like anything. This was noticed during playing games like Temple Run, browsing Internet and Charging .
Massive heating lead me to drop the phone from hand yesterday......
b. 3G data signal / loading of webpage is very slow. Wifi is good so far.

Please advice or suggest......

Upvote 0
Same problem for me. T-mobile UK, no problems for the last 2 years on my old Hero.
I lost signal for a whole day once, only noticed when a text come through about 16 hours after!
It was fine before the first (1.28) update though.
The most annoying thing was not getting a signal yesterday when everyone else was in the pub.
The longer I have this phone the more I think HTC released an unfinished phone to get the jump on Samsung. Sorry HTC but you are losing a longtime customer

Upvote 0
When I got my HTC One S about two weeks ago, everything worked perfectly...including the internet. Now out of nowhere my internet is soo slow! Things take longer to load and sometimes it says I don't have a network connection and can't load the page?? This is all weird and its making me upset :( At first I thought it was because I used too much usage data but I reseted my phone and cleared the date and the internet is still slow! Any ideas what this could be anyone??

Thank you :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones