1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

HTC One X - Screen ShatteredSupport

1. saltyzip

saltyzip Member

Hi,
    My wife dropped her HTC One - X from waist height onto the pavement yesterday and to our surprise the glass screen has shattered like a bolt of forked lightning. You can still use the phone although the touch screen is a little unresponsive in places :)

Does anyone know how much it costs for HTC to repair this fault?

I have spoken to them, but I have to send the phone in first for diagnosis and if I decide the quote that materialises is too much I have to pay them

Advertisement
    :
  2. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

That's really surprising after I saw that video in another thread of a guy literally knocking a nail into a piece of wood using the One X screen as a hammer.

I'd be inclined to let HTC replace it the decide if you claim or not based on the cost for repair.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

For stuff like this, I'd recommend going via HTC. It might cost a little more, but if HTC fix it, your warranty remains intact.

From my Desire HD days, I know HTC charged around
  4. melll

melll Well-Known Member

link? Sounds awesome.
  5. El Presidente

melll likes this.
  6. melll

melll Well-Known Member

7. nettecris

nettecris Member

I would let HTC replace the screen . coworker smash his ,brought replacement screen, this phone is not so easily to replace the screen.
    go to this website called www.htcpedians.com they show you how to replace the screen
  8. saltyzip

saltyzip Member

Just as an update the total cost of repairing my HTC One X Screen by HTC was
  9. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. That is useful to know.
  10. leeuwin63

leeuwin63 New Member

11. pz1982

pz1982 Active Member

Hi
    Just out of interest was that price to replace the screen and digitizer or just the digitizer?
  12. alderran

alderran Member

I had my HTC One X in my pants pocket. As I slipped my pants off to take a shower, I heard a little thud, as the phone hit the tile floor. Later in the day I noticed a crack right across the screen.

Not even dropped and broken screen.

I hope the next innovation in cell phone technology is a screen that isn't so fragile.
  13. alderran

alderran Member

14. El Presidente

That was last year, it might be less now.

Not sure if you guys pay VAT (Value Added Tax) either?
  15. okhughes

okhughes New Member

Hi,
    Don't know if this will help (as I'm in Australia), but I was looking for a HTC One X for my wife a while ago as I really liked mine and she needed something better, and decided to find one with a broken screen and fix it. It may look like a monumental task to fix one but watch the youtube videos a few times for the teardown/rebuild and it is easier than some of the older phones. With that in mind I got a lcd/digitizer combination for about $85, I would do this rather than just replace digitizer as it can be a bit messy. If you do decide to do it yourself, I would recommend getting a new lcd frame for the lcd/digitizer to sit in, as it has new adhesive, as using the old adhesive you run the risk of the digitizer popping up on the sides and it's easy enough to transfer your cables that are stuck down to your old frame over. I had never done this before, but after a bit of trial and error plus youtube, I now look for broken one X's on ebay and gumtree and have no problems fixing broken screens (plus now flash custom roms). Also as a guide to cost to having a phone place replace glass/screen here, it is anywhere around $200AU
    El Presidente likes this.