• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC ONE X stuck at RING LOCK SCREEN

melll

Android Enthusiast
Aug 21, 2010
Toronto Ontario
I have restarted phone at least 10 times, let it sit for over 24 hours, and I still cant move the ring to unlock the phone.

This happened all the sudden. No idea why. Anyone have this isssue?

Could it be a hardware issue like the screen is not detecting touch anymore?

All I can do is turn the volume up or down, and turn the phone on and off.

I can go to the store and get it exchanged no problem, but I thought I'd ask right now whats going on...

Thanks guys. I did a factory reset with via vol- recovery. Screen was messed. Did not respond.

So I went back to store and got an exchange for a new one right away.

I got extended warranty now since I am scared of this phone breaking from some sort of unexpected issue.

Only $65 and if I dont use warranty I will get money back, so its win win.

Not trying to scare anyone from buying this phone, its super great, wouldnt want anything else but this phone.

I have a friend who got an HTC One X and his camera did not work at all.

So he got an exchange aswell...

Just be careful guys with your new shiny toy and get protection on it!!

Upvote 0
I have the same exact problem!
Out of nowhere my phone would select apps on its own, turn on and off without me touching it, would'nt respond to touch, difficult to text and answer calls and lots more. Finally had enough and did a factory reset thinking that would definately fix whatever desease infiltrated my phone and much to my suprise it made it worse becuase now im stuck on the lock screen and my lock ring wont respond at all. Extremely frustrating!!! Can't find any way to fix it so I guess i'm headed back to the phone store as well...

Upvote 0
what do you mean the SD card may not be mounted yet?

I've had this phone for a few months. it was working fine. then yesterday it was stuck at the lock screen. I hear all my emails, texts, notifications coming through like normal but i cannot 'pull the ring up' to access my phone like usual. I have hooked my phone up to my computer many times and pulled off the vidoes and pictures from it but again as of yesterday that too now doesnt work. the computer wont recognize my phone anymore. so i have 2 issues. the touchscreen wont let me into the phone because its ot responding and i cant access the phone on my computer anymore. htc and att both want to do a factory reset and i dont want to do that becasue i want to get my baby's videos and pictures off first. hence the reason why i was trying to access it on my computer. how do i at least access the pics and videos? i dont care about this phone anymore i just want the media.

Upvote 0
Reactions: laraw
Upvote 0
Ugh guys sorry for not responding. I seem to be cursed when it comes to electronics. my computer died :) any way my fiance took my phone in to have the digitizer repaired. and it was in fact the digitizer. however if you guys need me to help you test anything let me knoiw!! I WANT TO THANK YOU BOTH VERY VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP AND TIME YOU SPENT WITH ME. I really do appreciate it. Lke i said if you need me to help test anything ill be more than happy to

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones