htc one x, thoughts?General

Last Updated:

1. stanleyg

stanleyg Member

I am planning to buy a HTC 1X, any idea? One who is already using it please share the review.

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

hello stanleyg,
    i moved you to the htc one x forum as you will get better response here about the phone.
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  3. amenamen

amenamen Member

Battery sux
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Subjective, at best.

Whilst it's not as good as other phones of similar spec, it's more than capable of lasting a day with average use.

It's not with out flaw, but it's still a great handset. The screen is gorgeous and the build quality is 2nd to none. It's slick and handles most stuff with ease. HTC have also been pretty good at keeping it up to date and fixing bugs too.

Thanks to the half assed bootloader unlock solution via htcdev, flashing ROMs is a bit of a pain, but no real complaints otherwise (at least they've offered a way of doing it).
    scotty85 and ocnbrze like this.
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

i agree with pretty much everything EP said. the display is beautiful,the phone is thin and sexy, and theyve been out long enuff that its starting to be pretty easy to find them used for cheap.

were you looking at the one XL(att version) or the one X(international tegra 3 version)?

were you looking to root,flash roms,or just use a stock phone?
    ocnbrze and El Presidente like this.
  6. thundergod66

thundergod66 Member

i totally love it,it was a big jump from my att my opion this is an awsome phone.its almost up there with the galaxy s3..i updated to the jellybean OS and its the features and everything bout this phone..Mine is from att without data plan which i dont need...i just use wifi and thats good enough for they said battery is ok,it depends how much ya use the phone..if your d-loading or surfin the web than yea its gonna use battery..mine usually last bout 2 days with light usuage
    scotty85 and ocnbrze like this.
  7. europadroid

europadroid Well-Known Member

I love it. I am not a power user by any means and I'm not into flashing ROM's or anything. I am UK based so have the Tegra 3 version and have the official JB update. It is fast and does everything I need, as others have said build quality is good. Only negative for me is battery, which lasts about a day for me, that said I work in an office with plenty of charging all is not lost. Perhaps if my job took me out and about more, my answer may be different.
    scotty85 likes this.
  8. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

I love mine. I'm not a power user (although I do text a LOT), but I love mine. The stock sense ROM is decent at least, and if you don't like it, you can get CyanogenMod on it without much issue.

With the stock sense ROM, i can get through a day without much issue, and even more so with CM
  9. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

25% left and has been off the charger since 7am. Its now 9:12pm and I've used the internet, listen to music at the gym, a little texting and a few phone calls. The battery gives me a full day and that's pretty good.
  10. admob

admob Well-Known Member