htc one x wont turn on :( HELP!!!!Support

1. nelson_309

nelson_309 New Member

ok so i have a htc one x its not that old i was using it thismorning i put it in my pocket then pulled it straight back out to check the time drew my pattern to unlock it and it crashed :S it tried to reboot itself and stayed on the htc logo so i tried holding the power button down to restart it myself and it went off now it wont come back on at all even if i try power and down buttons :( someone please help thanks

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Hi nelson, have you tried plugging it in to a PC, is it recognised?

What about trying to charge it, does the charging light come on?
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. nelson_309

nelson_309 New Member

no response from pc and no charging light :(

EDIT:
    also phone has been charged over night so it should have full battery
    scotty85 likes this.
  4. El Presidente

There's not much we can do then, sorry. :(

You could try long pressing the power button again (for about 10-15 seconds) to simulate a battery pull or leave it on charge again for a few hours to see if that kicks it in to life again?

If they don't work, you might need to call HTC I'm afraid.
    scotty85 likes this.
  5. nelson_309

nelson_309 New Member

still no joy hopefully the phone is still under warranty
    scotty85 likes this.
  6. El Presidente

Unless you've messed about with it, or got it wet, your warranty should still be intact (the phone isn't a year old quite yet).
  7. nelson_309

nelson_309 New Member

getting sent off to my provider tomorow hopefully they will tell me what was up with it rather than just fix it and send it back if they do say i will be sure to post here :)
    El Presidente likes this.
  8. mike2777

mike2777 Active Member

Just had this EXACT problem, was using the phone, all was fine, then crash, phone went off, rebooted itself, then went off again, and now will no longer turn on. Long pressed every button on the phone, no light when connected to charger either grrrr. This is my second phone due to another fault. Still within the 3 months Orange will cover this one for, but im not happy, its weekend, and im going to be without a phone until at least tuesday. Love the phone, but its becoming a bit unreliable.
  9. mike2777

mike2777 Active Member

Did you resolve this, and if so, what was the problem ? Thanks, Mike.
  10. GOLFCHUCK

GOLFCHUCK New Member

Anybody have results? Mine just did this to me this morning while I was using it just went black, and never turned back on. Put it on the charger and no light it did get warm though????
  11. El Presidente

Have you long pressed the power button? What about leaving it on charge for a few hours?
    rasrasra likes this.
  12. VickiD

VickiD New Member

My HTC one x has had the same 'glitch'.

Was working fine, was fully charged - I put it on the bedside table with alarm set for the morning as I have done every day since I got the phone just over a year ago.

Next day, no alarm (grrr... I slept in) and when I looked at the phone, blank screen, no lights, wouldn't turn on. Tried plugging into the charger, no charging light!

Luckily I have insurance, but not happy! You do nothing wrong and the phone just gives up??? What's with that? :confused:
  13. rasrasra

rasrasra New Member

i pluged it into my pc, it did recognize it for like a min , then it disconnected ,,,,it wont charge ,any help i'll be very greatful
  14. rasrasra

rasrasra New Member

i did'nt flash a kernal befor the battery died,,could it be a problem
  15. El Presidente

Were you rooted/trying to flash something when this happened?
  16. WhitLynnJ88

WhitLynnJ88 New Member

So here I am using my phone and it works fine when all of a sudden I go to use it again and it won't turn on. I long hold the power button to repower it and the button lights on the bottom flash but the screen stays black.
    I saw a few comments to hook up to a pc... so I did. It managed to recognize my device at first and then stopped. I then went to "Open Devices and Printers" since my pc did recognize that the USB was in and tried that. The menu opened and I clicked on my phone. The "Device Properties" came up and there was a message that said "Device cannot start (Code 10)"
    I went into the window into "Hardware" and clicked on "Properties". It showed the status of my device there as well.
    I went to the "Driver" tab and came acrossed "Update Driver"
    I figured, hey... it wont turn on. Might as well try it. Its either that or buy a new phone...
    It actually worked. Whatever was wrong with the phone to make it glitch was corrected and the phone updated. So I pushed down the power button and it powered up.
    My settings were all there and functioned normally once the phone completed its power up.

I'm no IT... not by a long shot. I literally started dinking around on the computer with what little knowledge I do have to navigate a pc along with the comments to help guide me.

I hope that the next person that tries this out that it works for you too. I don't have a warranty and would have been screwed. But it worked and I'm glad it did.
    Thought I should give back and let everyone know that there is a possible way to fix it.

Also, Thank you to everyone for all the suggestions. Without your help my phone would still be off and I would be taking that depressing trip to the store.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
    El Presidente likes this.