1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Htc one x wont turn on!!!!!Support

1. btf170

btf170 New Member

This is me saying Hi so that I can post about an issue I have been having with my htconex. It fell in water and won't turn on. So, yeah.

Advertisement
  2. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

Hi btf170, welcome to the forums, sorry about the phone situation.
  3. btf170

btf170 New Member

I dropped my phone in water yesterday. I slipped in the bathroom and fell and my HTC One X landed in the bath. It was perfectly fine all night. It charged and everything. Now, about 20 hours later, it won't turn on. I was online with it and it randomly shut itself off. I plugged it into the charger but the LED light won't come on. I put it in rice and called an AT&T representative. It turned on after about ten minutes in rice so I hung up. Then it shut off within about fifteen seconds of me unlocking it. I put it in rice for another ten minutes. Same thing. I have it in rice now and need to know what I can do to save this phone. I don't have enough money to buy a new one. My other issue is that I have my work schedule saved into my phone but quite honestly, I could care less if a factory reset is all it needs to make it work. HOW CAN I SAVE MY PHONE!!!?????!???! Please help!!!! I am not covered for water damage
  4. btf170

btf170 New Member

If I hold down the power button and volume down button I can get to the factory reset screen. I don't understand how this could possibly work fine but not being able to turn the phone on normally
  5. LilBit

Try and do a factory data reset.
  6. LilBit

K, Im merging your two threads and then moving them to the proper forum for you. Calm down and we will try and get you together.

Edit: The factory data reset should work, if it does I would still shut down the phone and take out the battery and sd-card, let that baby dry out completely for several hours before putting it back together. If this works, consider yourself lucky!! I hope it does!!
    btf170 likes this.
  7. btf170

btf170 New Member

Ok, so i tried to get back to that screen and instead it turned on regularly. It lets me put in my password but as soon as I unlock the phone it shuts off again. I don't know how to get the battery out of it. I can see there is a little piece but I don't know how you take it out.
    Thanks for your reply!

update! When I take the sim card out I can turn the phone on and it is fine. it is when I put the sim card back in that the phone seems to have issues. Could a damaged sim card be the problem?
  8. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Don't turn it on, leave it off until you're confident it's completely dry.

If your phone fell in the bath, it needs time to dry out completely. Whilst it might work in certain situations, the more you turn it on, the more you risk permanent damage (if you've not done already).

Turn it off and place it in a box/bag of rice, in a warm cupboard and leave it there for at least 48 hours without touching it. If it was completely submerged, I'd leave it for even longer tbh.

As above, even if it appears to work, you might be damaging it beyond repair if you attempt to use it while there's even the smallest bit of moisture in there.
    scotty85 likes this.