HTC or Moto Tab??

Last Updated:

1. Decibles

Decibles Member This Topic's Starter

So I am in the market for a tablet as a piece in a project I'm working on involving automotive electronics integration. I have settled on an android device as the iPad, while a rock solid device, is too locked down for my purposes.

And here's the but... I absolutely abhor Samsung products, and they seem to be the only kids on the block with what I'm looking for in the near future. It's a personal choice so please don't lecture me on that. I have done a little searching and haven't found anything solid- does anyone know for sure if HTC or Motorola have a 10 inch tablet coming into the market in the next few months?

Advertisement
  2. GeorgeinLA

GeorgeinLA Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that the Moto Tab is slated for Q1 2011.

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

I've also heard that the Moto tab is scheduled for early next year...

Moving thread to the Tablets & Mids forum.

4. jtbnet

jtbnet Well-Known Member

The problem with trying to use most of these early tablets is that Most are Closed systems... the initial manufactures/vendors are not willing to release the source required to build the system... some have the same openings to root so that Might be a win, but you still wouldn't be able to build drivers or a system root without considerable reverse engineering...

An option might be to use a dev phone (like the G1, or Droid1, or Nexus) or an open dev tablet like the ODROID, to build and test with till some lesser expensive vendor opens up for either an A8 or T2... then should be easy to switch/port over to that as a base platform...

This is all a moot point if all you need is user access to develop an application... but sounded like you were looking for more than the obvious...

Edit: just noticed this post...

http://androidforums.com/tablets-mids/206163-android-2-2-why-so-expensive.html#post1795622

(BIG) MAYBE we can get one of the great Droid1 overclock roms running on this... for $232 it seemed worth a try so I'm game...