HTC Passion/Dragon Launching Mid-December?

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

An image of what MAY be the Verizon-bound HTC Passion/Dragon’s screen may be exactly what you’re seeing below, with a BGR connect saying a mid-December release is likely:They’re in Baltimore. I’m in Baltimore. Hint hint Mr. anonymous picture taker guy in mostly cloudy 61 degree weather. And by the way, do you think a [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Fricken Verizon! T-Mobile needs to step it back up!

3. wondercoolguy

wondercoolguy Member

Are you even sure verizon is getting this? yes I agree about T-mobile mytouch is lame, Cliq is even lamer and Behold 2 looks like it can sux my ballz. T-mobile launched the android and they are getting p!ssed on. T-mobile needs a Hero type of phone.

4. Bigger than you

Bigger than you Well-Known Member

Found this and its stated this is rumored to be the HTC Dragon with the 1GHz Snap Dragon.

Can not wait to see one in person.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Bigger than you

Here is the back shot.

Attached Files:

6. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

Are you standing behind this story?

7. shocker

shocker Well-Known Member

Info has been floating around the interwebs for a while now on this phone.

8. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

It appears that the recent BGR report was busted. Just trying to verify that Phandroid is standing behind the claims as they posted this today and the BGR report was already busted.

9. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

bump
    :mad:

10. Bigger than you

Karuk...

Do I believe its in design yes,already designed,yes.I can stand by what I think and feel and have been told through my own research and or speaking with people I know who run VZW stores, but I do not own phandroid so as far as phandroid standing behind what I feel and or come up with is another story and that`s not what I am after or seeking.What I feel and say is my own opinion and I am only trying to pass on what I find.I never want to post anything that is not factual but until I have the phone in my hand,then nothing is solid and is considered a prototype handset.

I am holding out for this phone over the Eris and Moto droid.

11. xfuchsiax

xfuchsiax Well-Known Member

Yup, I am pretty convinced the person saying this is a screen with an iPhone hack is correct :(

MacThemes Forum / MobileMe LockStyle

12. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

I'm holding out as well as I know what I want in my phone and can wait for it. It gets a little frustrating to get bits and pieces of info only to have it busted as incorrect. I guess this is the price one pays for searching out info that the cell co's have not released yet.

:)

13. FireRunner

FireRunner Well-Known Member

Rumors won't always be correct, that's why they are rumors ;) You can't expect all the information on sites these days to be correct. Also, you CANNOT blame the site for posting rumors...that's half the reason they exist.

Take everything at face value and do your own homework. There is NOTHING posted here you cannot find with Google searching.

14. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

I think everyone understand they are rumors. I just feel that if a rumor is busted it would be smart to update the article to reflect new infomation.

15. Bigger than you

Karuk,

Goods thing.The phone is a real name to an HTC hand set and design.I posted another article translated from China:D that stated some good hard facts.Just sit back and relax like I am,soon the phone will be in our hands.:)

16. RC Addict

RC Addict Well-Known Member

Is it here yet??? How 'bout now??? Now???

I guess we will just have to be patient....

17. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

Is it here yet??? How 'bout now??? Now???Is it here yet??? How 'bout now??? Now???Is it here yet??? How 'bout now??? Now???Is it here yet??? How 'bout now??? Now???Is it here yet??? How 'bout now??? Now???Is it here yet??? How 'bout now??? Now???Is it here yet??? How 'bout now??? Now???Is it here yet??? How 'bout now??? Now???Is it here yet??? How 'bout now??? Now???Is it here yet??? How 'bout now??? Now???Is it here yet??? How 'bout now??? Now???Is it here yet??? How 'bout now??? Now???Is it here yet??? How 'bout now??? Now???

18. RC Addict

That was just a LITTLE overboard...

19. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

we went to the verizon store to get the software update for my girls phone (env 3 that just shuts off randomly). i was messing with a droid and eris and the store manager came over to me to see if i needed help. i asked him if he had seen the hd2. he said he had and was waiting for the passion to hit verizon in mid december. i asked him about passion and he described it to me. specs r the same as hd2 other than screen and os. he said that he has a droid provided by verizon but his personal phone is the env touch. he said he is waiting for the passion to hit before upgrading his personal line.

Needless to say I was a little shocked that he was so open. A couple of the other sales people heard us talking and came over to listen. They said that they had not been told anything.

20. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

Oh. I'm sorry. I ment for it to be a lot overboard.

21. RC Addict

Did he say where he saw the HD2?

22. RC Addict

It's called sarcasm!

23. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

The manager said he had seen the hd2 online. He actually pulled up the hd2 on the droid while I was there.

I should also mention that he would change the name of the phone from passion to dragon during the conversation. He could not stop talking about how the snapdragon processor was going to put this phone in a class of its own.

24. Bigger than you

That`s real good info Karuk...I am now wondering if it will be a HD2 with the OS? Wanting to see Verizon open up about this handset and show some Verizon branded pics of it!

I almost pulled the trigger on the Eris today but I just could`nt see given away 35.00 for restocking fee.I am waiting it out with you all.

25. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

I have to go back to the Verizon store to get a new battery for my girls env3 (thing still shuts off randomly after software update). I'm going to try to get some more info from the manager.