• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Passion mentioned in news article

Doit2it

Android Expert
Oct 23, 2009
Nashville, TN
twitter.com
I was doing a Google search for HTC Passion and came up with two articles posted today (Nov 9th). The article is about HTC's finacial forcasts. I used Google translate so it's broken english but it looks like it mentions the HTC Passion coming out by the end of the year. Here's hoping!

Excerpt from article:
Macquarie in today's report that HTC Android platform in the smart phone components, orders have increased, including a high level of Desire (ie customer Verizon's Droid Eris), as well as HTC Passion, will be the end of this year to the next (2010) In the first quarter, a market, so Macquarie forecast Android phone will continue to receive first-class procurement of telecom operators, for HTC to have a positive long-term operational efficiency.

Original article:
???????????????????? - DJ????? - MoneyDJ???

Another article mentioning the HTC Passion today

Excerpt from Article:
Dow Jones reported that Taiwan's manufacturers HTC (HTC) launched Android platform-based smartphone Droid Eris, on November 6 in the U.S. Droid Eris operators as Verizon, its high-end Android models Passion also plans to cooperate with Verizon and we hope to grab some pre-Christmas market share.

Original article:
http://labs.chinamobile.com/news/25647

for those doubting whether this has passed the FCC... I will note there are at least 5 models in the FCC database that have cleared that have confidentiality status for their photos, manuals, etc... including one that expires tomorrow!!

with this news release, one wonders... could it be the passion?

Are you serious? That's awesome news. I wasn't really aware of the procedures (read as 'never took the time to look up') for clearing phones through the FCC. I was just assuming you could view all of them right away.

Now I'm even more pumped!

Edit: vinylfreak89 I just took a run over to the FCC website and it looks pretty strange. Could you tell me/us how to access the information you found plz?

Upvote 0
Are you serious? That's awesome news. I wasn't really aware of the procedures (read as 'never took the time to look up') for clearing phones through the FCC. I was just assuming you could view all of them right away.

Now I'm even more pumped!

yes there's confidentiality agreements which usually expire near or after the phone is released. they hide the internal pics, external pics, user manual, and the set up photos usually.

Upvote 0
Yea, I've been to the FCC website and couldn't make heads or tails of anything. Any help navigating the bureaucracy would help Vinylfreak89

being a ham radio operator has its strong points. :p same type of system our database uses.

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

Start here... for applicant name enter HTC.... for Grant date, pick one... though I suggest going back to at least april of this year.

You're going to get a pretty big list. Sort by grant date and pay attention to the FCC ID... if its the same... its the same device. Hit the details button. Then you should see external photos, user manual etc if its past the confidentiality agreement... otherwise click confidentiality agreement to see when its going to expire.

the one that expires tomorrow is the NM8SPRR so I'm really hoping that is the Passion though it could easily be any of the ones that expires on the 31st of december. Sometimes the confidentiality agreement expires well after the release date.

Upvote 0
being a ham radio operator has its strong points. :p same type of system our database uses.

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

Start here... for applicant name enter HTC.... for Grant date, pick one... though I suggest going back to at least april of this year.

You're going to get a pretty big list. Sort by grant date and pay attention to the FCC ID... if its the same... its the same device. Hit the details button. Then you should see external photos, user manual etc if its past the confidentiality agreement... otherwise click confidentiality agreement to see when its going to expire.

the one that expires tomorrow is the NM8SPRR so I'm really hoping that is the Passion though it could easily be any of the ones that expires on the 31st of december. Sometimes the confidentiality agreement expires well after the release date.

Excellent information, thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
Sweet find vinylfreak! I was waiting to hear of HTC Passion news before getting a Droid or Eris.

I checked out the NM8SPRR, one of the test reports listed the model as SAPP310. Googled it and came back with this:

Tmobile New HTC Sapphire 2.0 information update | New Cell Phones Online

Havent heard of the Sapphire before.

wow.... i could easily see those old photos being redesigned to be the draggon... and a CDMA version means it could be our phone... or maybe its pentaband.... we'll see!!

Upvote 0
sorry to get false hopes up... all those devices either have been released already and are still confidential or don't have CDMA capability... so as of yet... we don't have our passion clearing the FCC. keep in mind both the droid and droid eris cleared on the 15th/16th... so there's still plenty of time for a black friday launch... watch that list closely. also looks like HTC caught on to the idea people are reading the codenames from the models and are naming as PB00100 for example (the desire)

Upvote 0
What to do, what to do! The Droid is so sweet... supper fast, apps download in the blink of an eye! I totally didn't have problems with the keyboard, worked fine for me. Upgrade date on the 16th... do I wait until another 11 days to see if the Black Friday rumor is true??? A snapdragon would be amazing, but I want an android phone now :(

If you are unsure, I'd wait and see. Everytime I've just given in to "but I want it now" and just gotten something "good enough" it has always backfired on me. That's why I'm waiting now ;)

Upvote 0
NM8SPRR is not a new gen CPU device and neither is anything else that has been approved by HTC. If a snapdragon HTC android phone exists, it hasn't been approved yet i doubt it's been submitted for approval either since approval can take as little as a few days. I think the Curve or Bold was released by the carrier 2 weeks after approval, yet the eris was approved 9/15 and released 11/06 so... who the he*l knows. What i do know is that the Eris and Sense UI are for real and real good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones