HTC PDF viewer

Last Updated:

1. Rev Gear

Rev Gear Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 21, 2010
    I've got a number of PDF files which I want to keep on the phone to refer back to. I've created a /docs folder on the SD card and copied them there, but in doing so I've discovered a bit of a 'feature' with the PDF viewer.

Normally when you start the viewer it will spend a few seconds searching through the SD card and then display a list of any PDF files it finds. However this only seems to work if you have at least one PDF file in the root folder of the card. If you don't then the viewer almost immediately stops searching and shows a blank list. Is this a know bug or am I doing something wrong?

On a related subject, is there any way to add a shortcut on the home screen direct to a specific file (in this case a PDF), or can I only have a shortcut to the viewer app?

2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Oct 29, 2009
    you can create a shortcut to an app. long press and select shortcut, then application.

if you get astro, long press, select shortcut, then astro, and it will give you a browser to pick a file to create the shortcut for.

also, by far the best pdf reader is repligo. it renders pages faster than all others (i've tried them all)
    riscman likes this.