HTC Peep on Froyo 2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. ravenzero

ravenzero Active Member This Topic's Starter

Will not let me sign on after 2.2 update, i KNOW i have my info right, web and other twitter apps work fine, just HTC Peep

Advertisement
  2. ravenzero

3. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

4. Kerensky97

Kerensky97 New Member

I'm having issues as well, but it quit working yesterday at the same time I updated. Could be a coincidence but I'd also expect Peep to be on top of this and updated by now.

Meanwhile FriendStream is screwed unless there is a way to feed the official twitter app to it.

5. u2gator

u2gator Member

Having same issues as others. Can log into official twitter application but can't use peep. Will keep an eye on this thread for a possible solution in hopes of getting friend stream to work properly.

U2gator

6. moinsheriff

moinsheriff Member

Thank god, i thought i was the only one with this problem.. anyhow, i dont think froyo is the issue, because i have froyo for about a month now, and this peep/friendstream issue just started yesterday..

7. gbenj

gbenj Well-Known Member

8. ravenzero

9. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Well-Known Member

when you guys say "other Twitter applications" are you talking about the Sense one (in our widgets)??? because that one doesn't work for me either. Peep nor Sense Twitter..... what can i use????

10. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Support. I know how frustrating it is when apps that used to work all of a sudden don’t, and I’m aware of the changes Twitter has made to their security and authentication. HTC has spoken with Twitter, and Twitter has agreed to restore the old authentication method for the time being to give application developers time to adjust. I know HTC is looking at addressing this issue in a ROM update but since this is a new issue I have no further information at this time. For now, you can download Twitter for Android from the Google Market, and you can always navigate to Twitter from your browser. Keep an eye on HTC Mobile Phone Support - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC (Verizon) - Downloads for any future updates HTC may release for this or any other issue. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-866-449-8358 if you have any other questions or concerns. We’re open seven days a week, from 6 AM to 1 AM EST. Best regards,

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number.

Sincerely,

Hubert

HTC

11. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 Well-Known Member

And I thought Froyo killed it. So, I can't use Peep, and have to download Twitter. And I cannot uninstall Peep since it's of no use to me? Umm...somethings wrong with this picture.

12. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

This has been fixed by HTC as of 7pm EST Friday.

13. mched

mched Well-Known Member

just tried to sign in and it worked.:D