HTC Performance Issues, Are mine normal?Support

Last Updated:

1. patriotsfan82

patriotsfan82 New Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my incredible since the beginning of July, and after a month or so I became upset with the performance of the phone in a couple of ares. Of key note is scrolling. Whether it's the full list of applications, the default messages app, or just on the internet, I find that scrolling is generally done at an extremely slow framerate. One specific example is espn.com. On the full website, with flash set to on demand or completely turned off, my incredible finds it difficult to simply zoom-in/scroll around without delays and extreme choppiness. This will often spread into settings menus and scrolling up and down on the white text/black background is just a choppy mess. I've done a factory restore of the phone, but haven't seen any kind of performance boost.

Do you guys experience choppy framerates when navigating your phone in certain places? Hows does your internet browsing compare? If this is relatively normal for the phone, it's no big deal as I assume it's related to the relatively week GPU, but if my phone is under performing somehow, it would be nice to know.

(P.S) These issues were present before and after Froyo.

Advertisement
  2. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

What you describe is not normal for the DI. It should do these thing quickly and smoothly. Since I don't think there is a way to change frame rate (at least if you are unrooted) Sorry to say but I think you've got a problem phone. Probably hardware related is my guess. Have you taken it in to VZ to see what they say? You should have a one year warranty so you can get it replaced.

3. HeatherWestie

HeatherWestie Member

Update Adobe Flashplayer 10 .You might have to do a manual search in the market for it. Good chance that will solve your problem....