• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Phone Build Quality (Anyone with or who has had an HTC phone)

I have an HTC Desire Z. I have no issues with the build quality of this phone. There are people who do not like the the hinge mechanism. It is different and people have a different expectation for it.

One thing I find about this phone is that it is one of the heavier phones around. Some people like the weight as it makes it feel solid. Some people like a phone that feels light.

My only criticism of the phone is that the loud speaker is of rather poor quality. I find it sometimes hard to make out what the other person is saying if I put it on speaker phone.

Upvote 0
I have owned a few HTC phones and I really like their build quality. HTC use a lot of aluminum metal in their devices and I really like that. Their phones feel and look more solid to me.I would suggest you go to a few different carriers and check out the different HTC phones to see and get a feel of the phones.But remember all phone makers have quality build issues here and there.

Upvote 0
The wife and I are on our 3rd HTC (Hero, Evo 4G, Evo 3D) and have had no issues whatsoever with build quality (or otherwise). All 3 have been super solid performers. I have however read here on the forums that others have had issues such as light leakage, cracked charge port trim, button issues, etc. so it does seem like it could be a little hit or miss, as I suspect it is with most manufacturers. Anyway, to me it seemed that they had a much better build quality than the 2 Samsung phones we've had (Moment, Epic 4G), although the Galaxy Tab we have seems to be very well put together.

My advice? Just check out whatever you get thoroughly before leaving the store.

Good luck whichever way you decide to go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones