HTC quietly brilliant Replaying and Not BootingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Blarr

Blarr New Member This Topic's Starter

HTC Desire
    Telus

So this issue started last night at work. I had sent a text message to a new friend for the first time and she had texted me back, when I moved past the slide lock to read it the screen said loading. I hit the home button to reopen messages and waited at loading again.

After an hour I decided to turn off my phone. Now when I hold the button to let it turn on, it vibrates and does the regular start "HTC quietly brilliant" over, and over again. I popped out the batter to clean, tried removing the SD and what not and still nothing happens. If anyone has any idea of what to do with this please let me know.

Advertisement
  2. Atomika

Atomika Member

ugh, I have the same problem with my HTC EVO except, I didn't even touch my phone it just died cause the battery was low now the screen is like on repeat

3. deakodude

deakodude Well-Known Member

Is your phone rooted if so have you a gold card ?

4. dee19822

dee19822 New Member

I got an idea, which you might not be interested in hearing; however:
    1.) Pull the battery
    2.) put the battery back in and immediately hold the power button and the volume up button until you see "Android system recovery" or "clockworkmod recovery" (which ever one you might have).
    3.) press the vol down until you highlight "wipe cache partition"
    4.) Press the power button to start the wipe
    5.) Press the vol down until you highlight "wipe data/factory reset"
    6.) Press the power button to start the factory reset and KAPAYOW!!!!!

NOTE: different phones use different buttons to perform different things, for example, your phone might use the camera button as enter instead of the power button as enter...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
  5. dee19822

dee19822 New Member

Oh by the way this will erase everything on your phone, but at least it'll work and should no longer be in loop! Also, you'll need to resync your contacts with google by logging into your google account on the phone to get all of your phone numbers back!!!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  6. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

I don't suppose anyone is still waiting for an answer on this thread as it is 3 years since the post prior to yours. However I would suggest that you try booting the phone after clearing cache and before the factory reset just in case it was just the cache that was causing the problem.

If neither clearing cache nor a factory reset do the job running the correct RUU may help. However if the issue is hardware related (early PVT1 desires were prone to cpu overheating) then a new mother board is likely to be needed.