HTC Rezound and Droid Incredible 2 getting a small 'Device Enhancement' updateGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-02-23 05:06:31
  1. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. Brent372

Brent372 Well-Known Member

This update is 3.14.605.13
    I am running the leaked 4.03.605.2

Wouldn't this still be considered a downgrade?
  3. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

Yes, absolutely would be. 3.14.605.13 is considered to be just a minor security upgrade, I wouldn't bother with it unless you have very specific need to go back to 3.14.605.12 then OTA the update. Note that I still haven't seen it yet on any of our 4 or 5 Rezounds at work so I can't speak to what it changes, but the changelog only indicates "HTC Device Enhancements"... In other words "We fixed something so minor you will never notice but someone at HTC thought it was important for some reason we don't understand and it's too minuscule for us to waste the time explaining it in detail" :p
  4. CaseyKees

CaseyKees Well-Known Member

I just got the update coming through on my phone right now.
  5. BigRoach

BigRoach Well-Known Member

I just got the update, as well (kinda weird how they'd send it out in the middle of the day, like that, considering it involved a few reboots and took about 10 minutes). Wish I knew what was in it... unless this has something to do with them saying they were going to remove their bloatware...?
  6. Grung

Grung Active Member

The update doesn't do a thing. It's just a ploy by Verizon to make you think you got something and forget about the fact every provider in the world is announcing the new HTC One today...except Verizon.
  7. MYKEL61

MYKEL61 Well-Known Member

I agree, got it 2 days ago and dont see anything different anywhere.
  8. acejavelin

Absolutely nothing new I can see, other than all ringtones are returned to default. My son got the update on his Inc 2, again nothing different. I am thinking this might be a pre-update for the an upcoming update, perhaps Global Mode for the Rezound and ICS for the Inc2 finally.
  9. rjr1049

rjr1049 Member

The exact same thought occurred to me as it did to acejavelin. This is a prelude to the Global update. They did promise it publicly and the small update shows that they haven't forgotten about us altogether. TIme will tell.
  10. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

I got the update two days ago as well. Whatever it was, it didn't amount to anything visible. I wish they would push the updated of an evening when I'm on wifi. Sometimes during the day I have an iffy connection.
  11. pwalt

pwalt Well-Known Member

I didn't even have the ability to defer this update ... and I was in the middle of doing something!

Luckily it didn't take the 10 minutes it estimated and I had a pen and paper to take notes (I was using Evernote to take notes in a meeting.)
  12. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

I got it this morning. Thought my phone was crapping out and beinging to reboot itself then when it started back up it said Software Updated blah blah blah
  13. Jazzy79

Jazzy79 Well-Known Member

I got update this morning on my phone. Would love to know what kind of update it is?
  14. acejavelin

General consensus on most forums is this is a pre-upgrade update for both the Rezound (Global Mode ROM) and Incredible 2 (ICS Upgrade) and nothing else really.
    Jazzy79 likes this.
  15. MoebusNet

MoebusNet Active Member

What I find interesting, is that my Rezound updated itself this morning without asking:

Name: ADR 6425LVW_3.14.605.13-3.14-605-12
    Code: 200
    Date: 02/22/13
    Time: 04:28 AM
    Description: This software update includes enhancements and improvements to your HTC Rezound.

Apparently, so much for the illusion of security...
  16. acejavelin

I really don't understand this but have heard others say the same thing. On both of my Rezounds I was given the standard options of Accept, Defer, or Reject as with all software updates.
  17. Z71kris

Z71kris Member

as was I..
  18. MYKEL61

MYKEL61 Well-Known Member

I too had the options.
  19. dlwills

dlwills Active Member

My phone got forced the update. My phone woke my up in the middle of the night with the vibrations and the screen lighting up from the restarts. I put my phone on silent when I go to bed. It wasn't exactly silent.

Like everyone else, thru normal usage, I haven't noticed anything different except the ringtone.
  20. dmunz

dmunz Well-Known Member

I deferred once but it snuck back updated and killed my root without asking. Actually, the only way I knew something was up was I had to log back into Amazon. I probably won't bother with re-rooting as I can do everything I need for now. We'll have to see how battery life is affected and if a lot of the crap killed comes back.

FWIW
    DLM
  21. ladius

ladius Active Member

+1