• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC Rezound......dead? (I hope not)

I woke up one morning and my htc rezound was as dead as a doornail. fiddled around with it for a bit, and eventually gave up and looked around some forums.

its a common problem with this particular phone, supposedly. take the battery out and wait a few seconds and pop it back in and try and power it up, the phone would let off a few orange blinks on the status light.....nothing. from several forums I confirmed that the problem was a faulty battery pack. so I ordered an extended battery off amazon, just got it today and popped it in, I plug the phone into power and I get a solid orange light for about 5 seconds......nothing, won't power on at all or anything.

can someone please help me out here? I would greatly appreciate the help.

note: my rezound is rooted, reason being was so I could overclock it so my emulators would stop lagging. the phone's gpu is an adrenno 225 (its downclocked to a 220 to save battery power). I highly doubt this is the problem though...I could be wrong.

thanks! :D

I woke up one morning and my htc rezound was as dead as a doornail. fiddled around with it for a bit, and eventually gave up and looked around some forums.

its a common problem with this particular phone, supposedly. take the battery out and wait a few seconds and pop it back in and try and power it up, the phone would let off a few orange blinks on the status light.....nothing. from several forums I confirmed that the problem was a faulty battery pack. so I ordered an extended battery off amazon, just got it today and popped it in, I plug the phone into power and I get a solid orange light for about 5 seconds......nothing, won't power on at all or anything.

can someone please help me out here? I would greatly appreciate the help.

note: my rezound is rooted, reason being was so I could overclock it so my emulators would stop lagging. the phone's gpu is an adrenno 225 (its downclocked to a 220 to save battery power). I highly doubt this is the problem though...I could be wrong.

thanks! :D

Update: windows would pick up the phone as a removable drive, however I just get the sound effect upon plugging it in, it doesn't show up in my computer. after about an hour later I got a sound indicating that it was removed. windows won't detect my phone now, and I no longer get a light from the phone, even after power cycling it. it'll show a light with the battery out now.....:thinking:

Upvote 0
hmm,that defiantely doesnt sound good. if you have an external charger and are sure both batteries are charged,sounds like something failed,hardware wise.

if you dont have an external way to charge the bateries,its remotely posible that the new one shipped dead,and you may just have an issue with the charge port. take the batteries to a store and see if they can put them into a phone and test them for you,and charge them up if need be :)

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
hmm,that defiantely doesnt sound good. if you have an external charger and are sure both batteries are charged,sounds like something failed,hardware wise.

if you dont have an external way to charge the bateries,its remotely posible that the new one shipped dead,and you may just have an issue with the charge port. take the batteries to a store and see if they can put them into a phone and test them for you,and charge them up if need be :)

..unfortunately, verizon is completely and utterly useless, especially since the phones warranty is void. they won't do a thing for me, I already tried. =___=

...oddly though, the phones status light has now switched back to flashing a few times, then nothing. it first started doing that.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
if the phone was showing up in device manager as "QHUSB_DOWNLOAD" then it may be simply in a "do not boot" mode and could be recovered.

unfortunately,if you dont have that,and cant boot to some interface of the bootloader,then theres not really any course of action that i know of :(

checked device manager, it picks up my phone on the list, it doesn't show it with the name QHUSB_DOWNLOAD, it shows the full name of the phone......is it possible that it somehow bricked itself? I've heard that it can actually happen. o__O

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones