HTC Rezound WiFi not working after getting OTA ICS UpdateSupport

1. bcliles91

bcliles91 Member

Hello guys, I am new to the forum and I hope I have posted the tread in the correct location. I would appreciate any feedback you could give me on my WiFi issues...

My 1st Rezound was having issues where the battery would not charge after reaching red battery levels. So I got a replacement...

After receiving my 2nd Rezound (w/ Gingerbread) from VZW, I noticed that it would have issues connecting to WiFi sometimes and I would need to restart my router for it to connect... But that would fix the problem and the WiFi would work great!

Now after receiving the ICS update from Verizon Wireless for the OTA Android 4.0.3 my WiFi does NOT work at all! It sits there all day long and says "Turning on WiFi" eventually it will stop trying and says "Error." The phone cannot discover (muchless connect) to any networks at all! I feel like this is a software related issue because when I had Gingerbread installed, my WiFi would work although it was a little bit finicky...

I have dealt with the issue for a few months now but it becomes especially aggravating when I have no data connection and I cannot connect to my router!

Has anyone experienced similar issues or have any advice to help get it fixed??

P.S. I have Android version 4.0.3 installed w/ Software Number: 3.14.605.12 710RD

I have tried doing a factory data reset and that does not fix the problem...

Thanks in advance for any help on solving this issue!

Advertisement
  2. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

I would check the back cover, make sure it sets correctly, then check all the contacts and make sure they are in good shape and there is no lint/dirt or whatever built up on the contacts. The back cover basically IS the antenna. If you have a third-party extended battery, some of those are known to cause issues too.

If you have done the factory reset and it still is not working, consider either re-flashing the 3.14.605.12 RUU, or the leaked 4.3.605.2 Global Mode RUU manually, sounds like something got janky with your OTA update.
  3. OSUFZ1

OSUFZ1 New Member

I am having the same issue with my Rezound. Everything was great until the OTA ICS update. Now my wifi continually cycles and connects and disconnects to my home network.

Resetting the home router doesn't fix the issue.
  4. acejavelin

The same answer applies, first have you done a Factory Reset via hboot, then as above:

5. bcliles91

bcliles91 Member

I am glad that I am not the only one experiencing this issue although I hope I we get it figured out ASAP!

Yes the back cover is on there correctly... I have done the factory reset and that does not seem to work. @scotty85 thinks my kernel may be off but doing a full wipe and then reinstalling my nandroid backup didn't seem to work. Please tell me more about this "leaked 4.3.605.2 Global Mode RUU!" Have you had any other success stories with over ROMS? b/c I was not impressed with the ICS update anyway...

Thanks guys
  6. acejavelin

Both the stock and Global Mode ICS ROM's are solid and dependable, if you are still having issues after a factory reset, I would suspect something didn't flash correctly in the update, you can find the full 3.14.605.12 ROM at Android Police here: [Exclusive Download] HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich RUU For Final OTA (3.14.605.12) and flash it, it will also do a factory reset for you...

I actually run the OTA on one phone (work) and the Global Mode RUU on another (personal) Rezound... both work well, I actually prefer the Global Mode one, runs cooler, better battery life, less signal drops, just all and all more stable. It is really simple to install, here are the links to more info on the Global Mode RUU leak.

ROM: [Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound

Changelog: Here's The Full Changelog Of HTC Rezound's 4.03.605.2 Update