HTC Rhyme (Bliss) ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6 Full Root [non-Verizon]

Last Updated:

1. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

scotty85 likes this.
  2. audiosyncrasy

audiosyncrasy New Member

If you're on Verizon, don't do it. It took 4 hours of hair pulling and an eventual version spoof to get it back to stock. This update will only cause a bootloop.
  3. Larimer412

Larimer412 New Member

How did you get back to stock i made an nandroid before i flashed and did a restore but still stuck on the white htc screen
    scotty85 likes this.
  4. dossa002

dossa002 Member

Try holding down Vol Dwn + Power until the phone resets. Keep holding Vol Dwn but let go of power and you should be back to bootloader and get back into recovery.
    scotty85 likes this.
  5. YMCMB69

YMCMB69 Member

my bootloader says ***TAMPERED*** and ***UNLOCKED*** at the top and recovery will not work please help i just want the phone back to factory settings i dont care if its ICS or not i just want it working its been bricked for a month now
  6. YMCMB69

YMCMB69 Member

someone please reply... i need my phone out of the bootloader so i can use it
  7. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

In order to get back to STOCK everything, you need to apply the RUU. But you can only RUU if you re-LOCK your phone.
    dossa002 likes this.
  8. YMCMB69

YMCMB69 Member

how to i do the RUU i cant find any that work ive tryed relocking the bootloader and it says
    and the RUU always says failed unknown error
  9. arians

arians New Member

Heyy ize...!! i think i have some questions to answer. i already update my device to ics (4.0.3) official and i was unlocked it too. Then i was trying to root my phone with HTCsupertool but always corrupt? not corrupt but failed, why was that? do you think we need to root our device? whats the difference between root and unroot? How do we know that our device was rooted? and the last but not least, can you give me a step how the way to root my rhyme? :) i'm looking forward your feedback. thanks
  10. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

sounds like you have a european GSM version of the rhyme.

the supertool fails,as its exploits were patched with ICS.

you will need to unlock the bootloader thru htcdev,then install a GSM-compatible recovery(wich we will have to search for-so far only seen it for vzw phones)