HTC Ringtones?

Discussion in 'HTC' started by mntbighker, Aug 9, 2010.

1. mntbighker

mntbighker Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    SysAdmin
    Silicon Valley
    As someone coming from an Incredible, one of the things I really miss is the ringtones. I happen to think the HTC tones are way better than the Moto ones. Has anyone found an app or an easy way to copy the ringtones from an HTC phone?

Advertisement

2. HeatherWestie

HeatherWestie Member

Jun 29, 2010
    try ringdroid or zedge, both in the maketplace. that might help, also you could check htc's site and might get them from there....

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    oZo likes this.
  4. mntbighker

May 5, 2010
    SysAdmin
    Silicon Valley
    I really appreciate that. Do you know how one might add the tones from the SMS notices? The one I miss most is not part of that group. It's a pretty high pitched short tone set (high/low). I still have my Incredible. Can it be found easily by just mounting the 2 volumes? Are SMS tones kept in a different spot than regular ring tones? In particular for Google Voice SMS.

5. iowabowtech

May 2, 2010
    Iowa|USA
    On the internal memory:

system/media/audio/notifications

There's also folders there for alarms and ringtones. I uploaded the ringtones above thinking you wanted them. You should be good to go using that path however since you still have the phone.

6. mntbighker

May 5, 2010
    SysAdmin
    Silicon Valley
    OK, I feel like a tool, but I reset my Inc getting ready to sell. You can't get disk mode without activation so I can't get to the tones. Could I impose upon you for the other tones? That would be really great. OR simply a list of the SMS notification tone names so I can search zedge.net for them would also probably work. I wish you could search by phone there.

7. iowabowtech

May 2, 2010
    Iowa|USA
  8. mntbighker

May 5, 2010
    SysAdmin
    Silicon Valley
    Your the best. Freeze is the one I like most for SMS but actually there are a bunch there I like WAY better than the crap Moto provides. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

edit: Freeze is not on zedge.net btw :-(

9. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Sorry to bump this but I am looking for the DROID Incredible Notification sounds. The links above have been deleted.

10. Kaiorga

Kaiorga Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I also am interested in the notification sounds. I was playing with my cousins phone and the sounds are much more appealing than my phone (LG Optimus S) :p.