HTC rocks!

Last Updated:

1. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Gotta love HTC for releasing kernel sources. This means custom roms will be more stable (hopefully).

HTC - Developer Center

Advertisement
  2. teppic74

teppic74 Well-Known Member

Hmm - you know they're legally required to release them and have been in serious breach of copyright for months by not doing so? Good that they've finally done it, but it's still really bad form (not to mention illegal) that they didn't release them when they were required to.

3. sookster54

Didn't know it was illegal, I thought they kept quiet with it because of the Sense UI. I'm hoping the Cyanogen Mod guys pick up on this before they release CM 6.1, I'm eager to see how that goes. I know Motorola aren't willing to release kernels, they don't even like it when you look at their bootloader.

4. teppic74

teppic74 Well-Known Member

All Android kernels have to be released, the companies have no choice. The bootloader though isn't the kernel.

5. sookster54

Oh I know the bootloader isn't the kernel, I'm just saying that Motorola doesn't like dev communities poking at their devices.

6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

hahah I was going to say this.

7. venkig

venkig Member

Itz about time they released it. There was a bit petition going on and numerous emails from the developers flaming them not having released the kernels. Crazy them !

They should have released the kernel when the Froyo update was made available.

Imagine if the kernel was released before, we would be running awesome, stabler ROMs by now !